Japspeed K2 Exhaust and Y-pipe Fitted - pics & vid

Spen

Well I've done a few miles with it on and still manage 23/24 mpg :p - It's only your right foot that will really effect fuel consumption! B)

Got a local garage to fit it for me in the end. Our drive is slanted and I don't have spare ramps/stands and would end up doing it on the road. Certainly not a difficult job though. Should take about an hour to do. Soak all the bolts with plenty of Plusgas or WD40. You get new bolts and gaskets with the exhaust and then the most fiddly part is getting the old silencer off the 3 rubber hangers and getting the new one back on.

The tail pipes are the same diameter as the original (100mm/4inch). The y pipe is 2.5 inch from the cats into 3inch at the mid pipe all the way to the backbox.

Bumper tucks definately look nice but I don't fancy putting self tappers through my bumper!! :p so thats off my list for the time being. I think I should get a stubby aerial though

Well I've done a few miles with it on and still manage 23/24 mpg :p - It's only your right foot that will really effect fuel consumption! B)

Got a local garage to fit it for me in the end. Our drive is slanted and I don't have spare ramps/stands and would end up doing it on the road. Certainly not a difficult job though. Should take about an hour to do. Soak all the bolts with plenty of Plusgas or WD40. You get new bolts and gaskets with the exhaust and then the most fiddly part is getting the old silencer off the 3 rubber hangers and getting the new one back on.

The tail pipes are the same diameter as the original (100mm/4inch). The y pipe is 2.5 inch from the cats into 3inch at the mid pipe all the way to the backbox.

Bumper tucks definately look nice but I don't fancy putting self tappers through my bumper!! :p so thats off my list for the time being. I think I should get a stubby aerial though

• 3 weeks later...

Went down the same root as Spen and got the Japspeed K2 and y-pipe, great advice ;) He's described it perfectly, very quiet at idle with a nice bassy sound when the throttle blips on startup and pulling away up to 3500rpm. Volume when cruising barely seems to have increased. The OEM look is a big plus too! Now to go bed it in properly... :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...