Reliable Performance Increase / Tuning

bengrice

Hi there,

Need some advice please

Ive had my 350z for about 14 months now and i absolutely love it ! :yahoo:

However im getting to the stage now were id like to pull away from every other car faster than i already do lol

So i want to start tuning my 350z

The problem i have is that my brother had his golf r32 supercharged and it was a total shambles. @*!# off a stick fast but in the garage more than on the road.

I DON'T want that ! ! !

I don't want a 1000HP monster just a bit of a boost. i use this car every day and i need it to be reliable.

im new to tuning so don't understand these things but can i do something like single turbo on low boost is it? or do i just go down road of remap, exhaust etc

then the next question is will i need to upgrade every other part of the car to cope with the increase in performance or are the oem part fairly capable?

i would love some advice, and preferably from an owner of a tuned 350z. even better someone who would be willing to maybe meet up and show me there car and what they have done.

i haven't got an endless budget however i never skimp and will spend more to get better quality.

thanks for you time and i look forward to hearing your thoughts.

ps im based in Worcester

Cheers

Ben

Hi there,

Need some advice please

Ive had my 350z for about 14 months now and i absolutely love it ! :yahoo:

However im getting to the stage now were id like to pull away from every other car faster than i already do lol

So i want to start tuning my 350z

The problem i have is that my brother had his golf r32 supercharged and it was a total shambles. @*!# off a stick fast but in the garage more than on the road.

I DON'T want that ! ! !

I don't want a 1000HP monster just a bit of a boost. i use this car every day and i need it to be reliable.

im new to tuning so don't understand these things but can i do something like single turbo on low boost is it? or do i just go down road of remap, exhaust etc

then the next question is will i need to upgrade every other part of the car to cope with the increase in performance or are the oem part fairly capable?

i would love some advice, and preferably from an owner of a tuned 350z. even better someone who would be willing to maybe meet up and show me there car and what they have done.

i haven't got an endless budget however i never skimp and will spend more to get better quality.

thanks for you time and i look forward to hearing your thoughts.

ps im based in Worcester

Cheers

Ben

There are a few companies who have recently joined up so there are potentially several options coming through. Have a search around this forum for some ,ore info.

Stick a post in the intro section and tell us a bit about the car as it stands now. :D

There are a few companies who have recently joined up so there are potentially several options coming through. Have a search around this forum for some ,ore info.

Stick a post in the intro section and tell us a bit about the car as it stands now. :D

The search button is your friend. :thumbs:

Lots of information regarding power up grades etc available.

Best to have a look and then come back with specific questions.

All really depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend.

You are in the right place because all the information that you will ever require and more is available on this forum.

There are a few on here who have gone the supercharge and turbo route so you will get informed opinions from them.

Alex.

The search button is your friend. :thumbs:

Lots of information regarding power up grades etc available.

Best to have a look and then come back with specific questions.

All really depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend.

You are in the right place because all the information that you will ever require and more is available on this forum.

There are a few on here who have gone the supercharge and turbo route so you will get informed opinions from them.

Alex.

thanks for the replies guys.

i have been searching round already and reading up however i cant seem to find anything about reliable tuning.

most talk about the different types of tuning eg turbos and what performance they offer etc but know one seems to talk about how the car is to live with and if other problems occur as a result of tuning eg my bros r32's dash lit up like Christmas with all sorts of weird lights from emissions to oil? things like he had to go back to fit an oil catch thingy to catch overflow oil, but i would have thought the people who fit the kit would have knew that. ps he didn't use a back street chop shop before you ask he used 'amd technik' which are apparently meant to be very good?

i was thinking turbo and heres why (here is my twisted logic lol)

superchangers give power from the get go where as turbo have the lag. now i was thinking that having that lag we be good as not to stress things further like clutch, 1st gear etc until the car has got moving then the power would kick in? therefore i was thinking a turbo would be less 'harsh' on the engine? what do people think?

i suppose my questions is 'turbo/supoerchanger' or 'other mods' eg exhaust remap flywheel etc etc

i don't really have a budget, basically if i don't have enough ill get more money, if i do ill spend the extra on petrol driving it round lol

a good starting figure would be 1 or 2k or am i pissing in the wind here :doh: and need alot more money

cheer

ben

thanks for the replies guys.

i have been searching round already and reading up however i cant seem to find anything about reliable tuning.

most talk about the different types of tuning eg turbos and what performance they offer etc but know one seems to talk about how the car is to live with and if other problems occur as a result of tuning eg my bros r32's dash lit up like Christmas with all sorts of weird lights from emissions to oil? things like he had to go back to fit an oil catch thingy to catch overflow oil, but i would have thought the people who fit the kit would have knew that. ps he didn't use a back street chop shop before you ask he used 'amd technik' which are apparently meant to be very good?

i was thinking turbo and heres why (here is my twisted logic lol)

superchangers give power from the get go where as turbo have the lag. now i was thinking that having that lag we be good as not to stress things further like clutch, 1st gear etc until the car has got moving then the power would kick in? therefore i was thinking a turbo would be less 'harsh' on the engine? what do people think?

i suppose my questions is 'turbo/supoerchanger' or 'other mods' eg exhaust remap flywheel etc etc

i don't really have a budget, basically if i don't have enough ill get more money, if i do ill spend the extra on petrol driving it round lol

a good starting figure would be 1 or 2k or am i pissing in the wind here :doh: and need alot more money

cheer

ben