Exhaust system advice

midiman

Hi guys,

Hoping to get some advice about replacing my rusted exhaust system on my 04 Z

Basically i need the mid and rear system now and the front system at some point in future as holes are developing. Kwik fit ( i know just wanted a bench mark) quoted me 500 for genuine part or 550 for Scorpion part fitted. I have seen Scorpion link pipe and rear silencer on-line for 330 delivered and have been told this system would increase performance.

Could anyone advise me on the best exhaust system to get, not looking for bling or loudness, just a quality part and should i pay the extra to get it done by a Nissan dealer, i have a feeling extra will be more like twice as much....

Thanks guys, appreciate the help

CS on here sells Scorpion, I'm sure he'll be along shortly. They are a good replacement for a stock exhaust if you are looking to replace with something with a similar sound :thumbs: Will cost about the same as the online price you have seen.

CS on here sells Scorpion, I'm sure he'll be along shortly. They are a good replacement for a stock exhaust if you are looking to replace with something with a similar sound :thumbs: Will cost about the same as the online price you have seen.

+1

Yeah, stock exhaust with a similar sound is what i am looking for. So Scorpion is a good choice then, i will check out CS. So any garage should fit the part for me right, don't think i am capable to fit myself.

Thanks for the advice

im not at all convinced if say the scorpion sounds like oem... i have that exhaust and have switched between that and the oem one..

Also i would be willing to part with my oem for a sensible offer, used upto 15k miles on mine, no holes etc...

pm me if interested.

Now you guys have gone and done it, you have me thinking of performance exhausts :yahoo:

Well, if i have to swap old for new why not make some improvements. I need to sit down on the net for a few hours and work out whats what. Still like the idea of the scorpion system but there might be something better for a little extra :D Problem is i know next to nothing about this, complete novice. What have you guys found works well with your Z? Has to be less than a grand though even that is pushing the budget.

Cheers

To be honest its impossible to tell from clips of the sound and pics which one is the best.

If you are local to a meet then get along and have a listen. There are some great options out there so its very much down to personal taste.

Yeah, should have mentioned that. Also get a ride out with someone if you can, they sound quite different when under load. Wales is always a good place to do this, but you are a bit more time limited!

I see what you mean, i have been looking on you tube at some and the sound just dosen't translate. I am in Horsham, West Sussex. Hoping to get to the Bluewater meet but may be away that weekend.

Thanks for the input guys

I see what you mean, i have been looking on you tube at some and the sound just dosen't translate. I am in Horsham, West Sussex. Hoping to get to the Bluewater meet but may be away that weekend.

Thanks for the input guys

Definately go if you can, they sound much different to youtube! Also loaded vs unloaded as I said before makes a big difference.

Ok it's down to a Japspeed K2 or the popular scorpion exhaust. Similar price and both won't give to much noise on motorway trips at low revs. Apparently the K2 is much quieter than the K1. In terms of build quality the scorpion comes with a life time guarentee, not sure about the K2? Anyone know?

Just need to find a good fitter in Sussex/ surrey area, again anyone?

PM sent about fitting

You need some ramps in your garage :lol:

If the Chillis cant help out, theres a good garage in Fleet I know of if thats not too far. ;)

We;ve got little ramps and if anyone wants a hand fitting thats fine, but can't commit to do the whole job. :bye: