replacement steerwheel oem

yokomo

Hi All

Im picking my Z the weekend and although the interior is in pretty good nick it looks liekthe prevous driver only had one hand or soitnh as the wheel is well worn in one part !

Anyone got any ideas for price and where to get a replacement one other nissan dealers and they crazy prices ?

Two choices really, either an upgraded one from the traders on here or R35LEE may have one, he has just scrapped a couple of

new-ish 350s . Drop him a PM.

There is a guide for changing them on here.

Its it a GT or not, he will need to know.

ah so the silver bit in the middle could be swapped with mine , thanks . I dont know how the hweel is made up my current 3 series is the same kind of thing but afaik you cant swap the control bits about but thats good to know you can on the Z.

ah so the silver bit in the middle could be swapped with mine , thanks ..

Yup, its easy, theres a couple of screws on the back and the silver bits come off with the attached cables and plug :thumbs: You'll want a set of star bits to do it all, but I forget the sizes you need :blush:

ah so the silver bit in the middle could be swapped with mine , thanks ..

Yup, its easy, theres a couple of screws on the back and the silver bits come off with the attached cables and plug :thumbs: You'll want a set of star bits to do it all, but I forget the sizes you need :blush:

cheers , got the star bits OK .

anyone got any dea how muhc a brand new on is ? dunno why but a new wheel seems to add alot the newness of the feel for me , going to chnge the gear know pretty quick too as im not so keen on the standard one oh and swa out the bose for double din wiht nav :)

hang on not even got it yet and im already rippin it to pieces in my head !

This thread has prompted me to ask a question that has probably been asked before, so apologies in advance.

I have a base model JDM with no steering wheel controls. If I replaced it with a steering wheel that has radio controls, is the wiring in place in all cars to hook up to the head unit?

Radio controls will probably work, but I dont think cruise control will. I got a wheel off ebay for £50, so worth a punt if you can source one ;)

Don't need/want cruise control, so that's hopeful - will look out for suitable replacement.

once i get mine and the wheel swapped over i could let you have just the controls or th whole thing for cheap if you cant find a good en , then just keep your wheel .

I'll keep that in mind - very good of you to offer. Cheers. :thumbs: