Please help, need advice on purchase.

rickya

A JDM ST spec car has no buttons on the steering wheel, is this possible.

Does that mean it does not have cruise control. Is cruise control positioned on the steering wheel? Also on the V5 log book it says 350z, it does not say ST or GT, is this normal?

(It does have all other ST features inc. brembos, 18" wheels, xenons, alezan heated seats, bose sounds)

Please can someone advise as I am about to buy this car :scare:

Does that mean it does not have cruise control. Is cruise control positioned on the steering wheel? Also on the V5 log book it says 350z, it does not say ST or GT, is this normal?

(It does have all other ST features inc. brembos, 18" wheels, xenons, alezan heated seats, bose sounds)

The only bit of advice I can give you is that on my UK zed the cruise controls are on the steering wheel :thumbs:

Never been in JDM so can't tell you where the cruise control usual is on those, but I would of thought it should be on the steering wheel tho :blush:

No radio controls on <06 model roadsters either (including GT roadsters)

So I would assume it is possible to find an early non GT model with no cruise and possibly no radio controls either.

I'm confused now :wacko: why leather seats then???

It may also be possible to find a GT model without stereo controls too. Mines got the leather, but no stereo controls. I reckon there were a whole host of combinations released very early on.

I would say it is rare to find a model with no controls on the wheel at all, but not necessarily anything wrong with that - just rare.

The GT roadsters in the UK came with cruise but no radio controls, now they com with cruise and radio. Non GT roadsters would have come with no radio and no cruise.

I suppose it is possible that there were some JDM cars produced as a mixture of the two, i.e. standard spec wheel controls, but all the other GT (ST) bits n tact.

I want to try and retro fit the stereo controls in mine, but I wouldnt like to do the same for cruise. :scare:

I suppose its personal prefference on how important these features are.

Personally I dont find the radio that much of an issue, as my daily drive golf doesnot have fingertip controlsfor the radio, so Im used to it.

I also dont use the cruise that much on the Z, as I dont do that many lengthy journeys.

Thanks Chesterfield I feel a whole lot better now that yoy said that. I was getting worried about it not being ST model!

The car is May 2004 with 15,000 km (ST spec manual)

Imported in 2006 with the garage as 1st owners on V5 log bk (dont know how many owners in Japan)

Bimta Certificate present

2 sets of keys

No Japanese service history.

No export documentation reports.

Looks like it had not done many miles, overall condition I would say is 9/10 exterior & 8/10 interior

All GT extras inc xenons;brembos;alezan heated seats;bose sounds) plus has what looks like an Impul rear wing & stupidly big exhaust.

???

Thanks Chesterfield I feel a whole lot better now that yoy said that. I was getting worried about it not being ST model!

The car is May 2004 with 15,000 km (ST spec manual)

Imported in 2006 with the garage as 1st owners on V5 log bk (dont know how many owners in Japan)

Bimta Certificate present

2 sets of keys

No Japanese service history.

No export documentation reports.

Looks like it had not done many miles, overall condition I would say is 9/10 exterior & 8/10 interior

All GT extras inc xenons;brembos;alezan heated seats;bose sounds) plus has what looks like an Impul rear wing & stupidly big exhaust.

???

And how much of the queens english is that gonna cost ya? :headhurt:

bloody ell - Im not too hot on imports, but to me that sounds like a 350Z in nearly new condition with only around 10K on the clock for the price of a ford focus! Can't be bad!

As long as it has been fully converted and has all the paperwork in tact to say its UK road legal, then it certainly sounds like a deal to me.

jdm specs are different from the base-GT models we get here

they have base model (17" wheels, no brembos no leather no bose) then the S version then the T version then the ST version (equal specs to our GT)

the 2 versions in the middle have a combination of bits which i can't recall atm but in between a totally base JDM car and a fully specced one :)

mine has no buttions on steering wheel, means no cruise control (no great loss :) something less to go wrong IMHO) V5 wont have trim level on it :thumbs:

sounds like a very good price , get it bought before someone else does B)

I have an ST, got xenons, bose, heated/leccy alezan but no cruise/steering controls or brembos :) Nothing wrong with it mate, just JDM's have different specs. Mines a 53 plate roadster.

I have a UK GT and never use the radio controls and very very very rarely do I use cruise control. :thumbs:

I have an ST, got xenons, bose, heated/leccy alezan but no cruise/steering controls or brembos :) Nothing wrong with it mate, just JDM's have different specs. Mines a 53 plate roadster.

I have a UK GT and never use the radio controls and very very very rarely do I use cruise control. :thumbs:

your up early Sarnie?

your up early Sarnie?

Got a Zed to polish ;) before she goes this afternoon :byebye::ohmy:

your up early Sarnie?

great , dont scratch it now!, whereabouts in Menorca you going?

your up early Sarnie?

Mahon. GF thinks were going to sunbathe :) I'm going to watch footy in a bar all day and night :thumbs::thumbs::teeth::teeth::yahoo::yahoo:

your up early Sarnie?

Mahon. GF thinks were going to sunbathe :) I'm going to watch footy in a bar all day and night :thumbs::thumbs::teeth::teeth::yahoo::yahoo:

I think you,ll have better weather there anyway ! try the local Gin factory in the port at Mahon free samples :teeth:

your up early Sarnie?

I think you,ll have better weather there anyway ! try the local Gin factory in the port at Mahon free samples :teeth:

Hate Gin but love anything free :yahoo: