Speedo Conversion

BladesGrant

My Z has been converted from KPh to MPH but appears to be out. I know they say they are approximately 10% but mine seems to be a constant 10MPH out rather than 10%. Is there any way of closer calibrating the speedo or do I just have live with it?

I just feel a little nervous going down the motorway and seeing the needle getting close to 3 figures even though I know I am not going that fast!!!

Any suggestions welcome.

It was already converted when I bought it. I have used my Sat nav and my iPhone to verify it. They are not 100% accurate but they seemed to be closer then my speedo!!! Plus going down the motorway in Mondeo at 80 I don't get sped past by everything, where as in the Z I seem to. Maybe people just want to speed past me in more!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

The sat nav will be lower than the speedo, but you say the speedo is always 10mph ahead? Unless the speedo starts at 10mph there must be points where you are seeing less than that. What's the difference at 30mph on the sat nav?

Not really checked it at low speeds. just noticed it more around the 70 - 90mph mark. It definitely doesn't start at 10mph. Its no big deal at the end of the day, shouldn't ever get done for speeding even if I go a little of the limit on my speedo!!!!!

speedo's can be conservative compared to sat nav, as they have to run on tyres that have different amounts of tread, which chnages the rolling radius. How worn are your tyres? If they are close to the end, your speedo will be over reading more...

Cheers