19" wheels and effects on handling

Yorky

I am loving the 19" nismo wheels, but apart from the price :scare: , I'm concerned on the effects on ride quality. I don't want to ruin the comfort of my car and feel the ride is hard enough already, so what is the general concensus of the difference 19" wheels make - and please be honest......

I am loving the 19" nismo wheels, but apart from the price :scare: , I'm concerned on the effects on ride quality. I don't want to ruin the comfort of my car and feel the ride is hard enough already, so what is the general concensus of the difference 19" wheels make - and please be honest......

Who cares about the ride when they look so good :teeth::teeth:

Assuming you keep the rolling radius the same or as close as possible to factory spec, larger wheels will require a shorter and stiffer sidewall, therefore a theoritical harder ride. How well the suspension soaks this up will be the job of the shocks/dampers, so you could consider fitting adjustable ones to compensate if you are that concerned.

In reality though, I doubt the difference will be substantial enough to worry about. Maybe try to borrow a set to see what you think?

Hi Yorky , jut stuck a set of 19" on mine and I thought I would be losing my fillings with the poor ride quality,

BUT glad to say there is no tangible difference :thumbs:

So what you waiting for get some stuck on :teeth:

Thanks for the advice guys - are the nismo wheels available in UK or is it import from US, and either way are there any different variants for different brake set ups etc? What size tyres are best??

does the one inch really make such a difference?

Handling wont effect too much but you will lose torque :(

Why would you lose torque? :blush:

weight issues with the tyres and wheels being heavier

Surely any loss would be minimal? :blush:

does the one inch really make such a difference?

Handling wont effect too much but you will lose torque :(

Why would you lose torque? :blush:

weight issues with the tyres and wheels being heavier

Surely any loss would be minimal? :blush:

Negligible I would say in normal road use :)