Help on selecting offset for new 18x9.5 Rotas.

nrenz123

Ian how are you going to get even lower offset? Sure it will rub? You getting ready to run stupidly high camber and wear your tyres out nice and quick? :headhurt:

Yes ;) I only use the car on the weekend so i'm not too bothered by tyre useage :) If needed I can always raise the car a bit aswell

....and drives like an old lady..... :p:p:teeth:

:blush:

My front wheels are 9" wide ET20, and they are close to rubbing as it is. Yours are half inch wider and more aggressive offset.

Also they wont look staggered still, your tyres will just be different shapes at the sidewalls...

Look forward to seeing the pics once they are fitted though, good luck!

You might want some small spacers on the rear to get them to match up more with the fronts.

I have to agree. Adrians are about as aggressive as you can go in that size. Any more and you will need to run a lot of camber to get them in the arches.

My front wheels are 9" wide ET20, and they are close to rubbing as it is. Yours are half inch wider and more aggressive offset.

Also they wont look staggered still, your tyres will just be different shapes at the sidewalls...

Look forward to seeing the pics once they are fitted though, good luck!

You might want some small spacers on the rear to get them to match up more with the fronts.

I have to agree. Adrians are about as aggressive as you can go in that size. Any more and you will need to run a lot of camber to get them in the arches.

There are a few people on here running +17 with a 9.5" front ;)

But what camber ;)

I guess different wheel/tyre combos will allow you slight room for manouver, but I certainly wouldnt be comfortable to run anything more aggressive than Adrians, as I have seen them on the ramp and on the road and they are spot on IMO (of course its all a matter of opinion)

But what camber ;)

I guess different wheel/tyre combos will allow you slight room for manouver, but I certainly wouldnt be comfortable to run anything more aggressive than Adrians, as I have seen them on the ramp and on the road and they are spot on IMO (of course its all a matter of opinion)

I dont know :p

The rotas are 18s not 19s so that should give him a bit more room to play with :)

IMO its a good choice of offset & its to see somebody go for an agressive offset for once rather than a boring, conservitive +30 :yawn::yawn:

• 2 weeks later...

All on and fitted :)

DSCF0586-1.jpg

DSCF0607-1.jpg

DSCF0609-1.jpg

DSCF0603-1.jpg

Took these a few days ago, just before the LED rears arrived, which have made a big difference!

Next on thew list, Stubby, Exhaust and Nismo or Gracer kit.... cant make my mind up between them at the moment!

Nath