Help on selecting offset for new 18x9.5 Rotas.

nrenz123

Hi guys following on from my threads on finding a supplyer and tyres sizes for these wheels it has now come down to the offset. I have gonew for 245/40/18 on the front and 275/40/18 on the rear each on a 9.5 rim.

Unfortunately the wheels are only available in offsets of et12 and et30, which leads my to my next question!

I would like the wheels to sit on the edge of the arches but i definately dont want them to protrude from the arch itself, from the offsets above what would be the best option for my requirements?

Anyone who had any advice or pointers i would be hugely greatfull.

Nath

Ok thanks mate, how close to the edge of the front and rear arch do you think a offset of 12 would be? i really dont want thtme to stick out beyond the arches.

Will be very close. Check my350z.com for post by "OffsetZ33" I think he has +9 & +12 on a stock body car, I think Rickdogg on there is/was running +12s aswell :thumbs:

Ian how are you going to get even lower offset? Sure it will rub? You getting ready to run stupidly high camber and wear your tyres out nice and quick? :headhurt:

Yes ;) I only use the car on the weekend so i'm not too bothered by tyre useage :) If needed I can always raise the car a bit aswell

Ian how are you going to get even lower offset? Sure it will rub? You getting ready to run stupidly high camber and wear your tyres out nice and quick? :headhurt:

Yes ;) I only use the car on the weekend so i'm not too bothered by tyre useage :) If needed I can always raise the car a bit aswell

Will look like a right aggressive track monster B)

The wheels are not staggered front / rear?

IMO the fronts will be too wide, there gonna stick out of the arch.

Rear will look good, but be very close to rubbing if your lowered.

No stagger doesnt look right on a Z IMO.

I suggest you read my350 a bit more. +20 are considered weak

pretty sure most of the guys in the US run +20. Rotas are available in a wider choice of offsets there and 20 seems to be considered the best

....and drives like an old lady..... :p:p:teeth:

I am bothered about tyre usage, so i plan on using a "normal" camber. I'll just get the arches rolled/ pulled if the protrude at the front!

for the cost of getting that done just get a good deal on the tyres and do not worry about it :D rolled arches are a last result imo....

My front wheels are 9" wide ET20, and they are close to rubbing as it is. Yours are half inch wider and more aggressive offset.

Also they wont look staggered still, your tyres will just be different shapes at the sidewalls...

Look forward to seeing the pics once they are fitted though, good luck!

You might want some small spacers on the rear to get them to match up more with the fronts.