automatic "import"

davecarter

I am thinnking of importing a 350z, but this comes with the additional option of auto or manual. Can any one give me advise.

:Are the auto boxes on the Z any good.

:Are there different options ie standard auto/ semiautomatic.

:can dealers in the uk maintain them?

Thanks for any help given

Dave.......

I have the automatic and have no problems with it and it is the best auto i have used.

But if you can get the manual then more people will buy it off you later as the auto is the one negative that people go through in the second hand market.

For every 10 buyers that like auto there is 100 that like manual.

I have the automatic and have no problems with it and it is the best auto i have used.

But if you can get the manual then more people will buy it off you later as the auto is the one negative that people go through in the second hand market.

I test drove an auto and did nt really like it. There was nothing at all wrong with the system I just felt that I wanted to be in total control of the gear changing. The tiptronic mode was ok but it felt like I was driving a car in an arcade!!! :wacko:

I test drove an auto and did nt really like it. There was nothing at all wrong with the system I just felt that I wanted to be in total control of the gear changing. The tiptronic mode was ok but it felt like I was driving a car in an arcade!!! :wacko:

My point exactly you are one of the 100 buyers

My point exactly you are one of the 100 buyers

Why don't they offer it as an option in the uk?

Probably as they don't think there is a big enough market to warrant their time.

Most people that buy cars like this want to "drive" the thing, therefore 95% would prefer a manual I guess......

I had DSG on my last car, but its a manual everytime for a sports car for me.... :D

I have had a tiptronic JDM import for 3 months now. It's 3 years old but is in very good nick and I am delighted with it. I had it serviced at the importers and intend to go back there for future servicing. I intend keeping it for a long time so I'm not too worried about any slight problem with selling it on later.

I chose the tiptronic because, despite enjoying controlling many cars over the years, I now have a slight back problem which is made worse by using a clutch. I am really pleased with the 'box in the Z. It gives very smooth changes which allows you to drive efforlessly in heavy traffic, yet you can switch to tiptronic mode when you want to "play" and it responds really well. It is a much better 'box than the one in my previous car, a Honda Prelude, which I thought then was pretty good. Whatever, yopu decide, I'm sure you will have great fun in it - just watch your licence!

Jim