Test drives thoughts & questions.

rickya

Following on from my disasterous test drive yesterday (see post I almost smacked the dealer one!) a couple of questions:

1) the car had an intermittent sound which the mechanic said was a normal sound of the engine. It was a metallic ringing kind of sound. Almost like there was a metal object scrapping around the underneath of the car. Is this a normal engine sound, the mechanic said it was. I dont remeber this in the car I test drove at Nissan Watford.

2)The clutch had little feel & then all of a sudden there was the biting point, very high up. The mechanic said all the 350z's he had driven all had a high up biting point.

Finally this car was a 2003 JDM & it felt slightly more responsive especially at lower speeds & revs than the UK 2004 I test drove at Nissan Watford, though this may just be in my mind.

Also the suspension was definetly stiffer & less absorbant on bumps & defects in the road. The UK model was definetly softer & soaked up the bumps & I think put down the power down with less fuss than the JDM. This may have been the reason why the JDM felt more powerful as it was tighter, firmer, & felt livlier.

Apologies for these comments not being factual but just my opinions after a short drive & therefore may not mean much, others opinions greatly appreciated.

1.) bollox, defintely not been there in any of the cars I've been in

2.) Sounds bollox again - the biting point is not very high up at all

3.) Sounds like the jap setup has been modified then as it would either be softer or the same as the UK - be wary of modified jap suspension as it is either done really good or shockingly (pardon pun) bad. Having had imports for the last few years I've seen things lowered by simply cutting the springs

walk away from that car, it was over priced anyway - go look at some more UK spec ones so you know what you should be expecting

Yes just walk away, theres literaly hundreds of Z,s for sale if you look on Autotrader site no reason why you shouldnt get a good un :thumbs::)

I dying to say it. Dying to post a pic. Struggling to keep it in......

Somone on here is selling....... :yahoo:

Sorry. Couldn't keep it in :blush: