19" Volks...

flyhalfandy

Been looking at a set of Volk Gts wheels in 19 inch and am im correct in saying that roughly a 20mm offset would be ok? PLanning on lowering the car on teins but dont want any rubbing issues (if i can avoid it :scare: ). Where would be the best place to get a set as it looks like ill be importing them :wacko:

Sorry if this topic has been covered before guys, any helps appreciated :)

Just a quick note mate, both me and 3FIDDYZ have the Volk racing GTS alloys and although they are :cloud9: the polished lip won't (IMHO) last you through a winter unless you clean them after every journey.

Probably best to keep your current alloys for the winter (though you probably already know this) and run the volks in the summer or like me and 3FIDDYZ you will need to get them refurbed.

Anyway, the Volks are nice so good luck in finding some :thumbs:

Hi Andy,

In the GTS in 19", you'd be wanting to go for the 9.5" front +17 & 10.5" rear +17, this is the most "aggressive" looking and will give you the biggest lip (94mm front, 107mm rear).

We are an official UK distributor for Rays/Volk Racing so if you need any help please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,

Gaz

Just a quick note mate, both me and 3FIDDYZ have the Volk racing GTS alloys and although they are :cloud9: the polished lip won't (IMHO) last you through a winter unless you clean them after every journey.

Probably best to keep your current alloys for the winter (though you probably already know this) and run the volks in the summer or like me and 3FIDDYZ you will need to get them refurbed.

Anyway, the Volks are nice so good luck in finding some :thumbs:

Was planning on keeping my rays to put back on when winter comes. Does the lip last through summer? guessing it is the salt on the road that rips it apart :console: . Do you have a few pics of them? Ive got a twilight grey zed and was thinking silver as opposed to a gunmetal center... Also what size/width and offset have you got?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

In the GTS in 19", you'd be wanting to go for the 9.5" front +17 & 10.5" rear +17, this is the most "aggressive" looking and will give you the biggest lip (94mm front, 107mm rear).

We are an official UK distributor for Rays/Volk Racing so if you need any help please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Would the car still handle ok with that width and +17 offset wouldnt have the wheel sticking too far out the arch would it? Was thinking of lowering it on tein suspension (14-17mm). Do you know if i would have any rubbing issues? Seen your website and that they come in various different colours, would it be possible for you to post pictures of them? And FINALLY my last question :lol: are they on back order and what would delivery time roughly be please?

Many Thanks

Andy :)

Been looking at a set of Volk Gts wheels in 19 inch and am im correct in saying that roughly a 20mm offset would be ok? PLanning on lowering the car on teins but dont want any rubbing issues (if i can avoid it :scare: ). Where would be the best place to get a set as it looks like ill be importing them :wacko:

Sorry if this topic has been covered before guys, any helps appreciated :)

Depending on how low you go you may want to look at getting the Cambers sorted, various options available. Also on the rubbing you could stiffen up the rear end but that wont happen on springs, you would need to look at coilovers, costs but is a very good thing :)

10.5" et17 rear WILL catch the rear archs, my wheels are 10" ET20 lowered on eibachs, and when the shocks compress the arch is within 1mm of the sidewall...

Also i run aggressive 2.5deg rear camber to allow this, at a stock camber setting, 1.6deg or so, it would rub. You would need to have the rear archs rolled with this wheel IMO.

The front would be fine IMO.

10.5" et17 rear WILL catch the rear archs, my wheels are 10" ET20 lowered on eibachs, and when the shocks compress the arch is within 1mm of the sidewall...

Also i run aggressive 2.5deg rear camber to allow this, at a stock camber setting, 1.6deg or so, it would rub. You would need to have the rear archs rolled with this wheel IMO.

The front would be fine IMO.

+1 as above

Our wheels are perfect but any wider with a 30mm lowered z and you will have problems... :D:D