Clicking rear

DrP

They only offered me a yellow bicycle :angry: :angry:

Just kidding, I'll go to the dealer next week as the boot didn't open the first time on rare occasions. So probably not getting that one sorted as easily as the clicking. A well, I heard that you can fix the boot problem with a few pennies :)

If they know what the problem is, why do they need to figure out what parts 2 order :headhurt:

I asked Nissan that exact question, the answer was just that they had to diagnose it themselves. Delays the repair by a week at the very least.

Oh well atleast the weather is only average right now, i was loving the car on hot days, sooooo much grip available. :)

Some good news after yesterday, thankfully the technician recognised the symptoms before even coming out to the car (unlike the reception blokey). They gave me some schpiel about possibly needing the car for 2 days to sort it out (they need to check whether there has been any wear and if not will lubricate things rather than replacing parts?!). Help me out here guys - if this is a result of 'inferior' parts, surely lubricating bits will only delay the inevitable?? :surrender: Car won't be in until the middle of next month (work comittments) so plenty of time to discuss...

Some good news after yesterday, thankfully the technician recognised the symptoms before even coming out to the car (unlike the reception blokey). They gave me some schpiel about possibly needing the car for 2 days to sort it out (they need to check whether there has been any wear and if not will lubricate things rather than replacing parts?!). Help me out here guys - if this is a result of 'inferior' parts, surely lubricating bits will only delay the inevitable?? :surrender: Car won't be in until the middle of next month (work comittments) so plenty of time to discuss...

Bollocks. If he diagnosed it correctly he would know that the parts need replacing :rant:

I had mine lubricated about 6 months ago and it's started doing it again, so I'd be weary of that.

I'm going to book mine in when they call me back about my new stereo arriving. I want to get all this stuff sorted before my warranty runs out in November.

I've got a 55 plate and mine does the creaky thing when I set off / stop. Only noticable with the window down.

When I was pulling onto / off of the Nurburgring I thought it was embarrassing to hear my car creak like an old guy :(

I spoke to the dealer briefly some time ago and was told "its something that all Zs do". Well my service is due soon so I'll be taking it up with them then.

Surely a 55 plate shouldn't be suffering from CV joint issues?

Just picked mine up from the stealers where they were looking at a few things, clicky rear included. They tell me that they've stripped it down and found that the os cv joint wasn't "seated" correctly. They've repositioned it and rebuilt it all and now its fine. It strikes me that they've probably just wanged a load of grease on it hoping it'll run out of warranty before raising its head again. Does this sound right guys or are they blowing it up my a**?

Just picked mine up from the stealers where they were looking at a few things, clicky rear included. They tell me that they've stripped it down and found that the os cv joint wasn't "seated" correctly. They've repositioned it and rebuilt it all and now its fine. It strikes me that they've probably just wanged a load of grease on it hoping it'll run out of warranty before raising its head again. Does this sound right guys or are they blowing it up my a**?

Anything fixed under warranty should receive extended warranty on that particular item, imo I think that is the case ;)

• 2 years later...
Sorry for re-starting a 2006 thread but I think I'm suffering from the dreaded clicking rear axle, only on the left side though, does anyoen know how much a stealer is likely to charge me to get this fixed?

An arm AND a leg!

JDM Performance did a kit for this at reasonable money IIRC. Worth giving Chris a PM.

Sorry for re-starting a 2006 thread but I think I'm suffering from the dreaded clicking rear axle, only on the left side though, does anyoen know how much a stealer is likely to charge me to get this fixed?

An arm AND a leg!

JDM Performance did a kit for this at reasonable money IIRC. Worth giving Chris a PM.

This link might help you as to how it should be done ;) :

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15928

An arm AND a leg!

This link might help you as to how it should be done ;) :

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15928

So can I get away with just having the CV joint re-greased then? Should this fix it temporarily / indefinitely / permanently?