Strange Electric window issue

ab350z

Folks, hopefully someone can shed some light on a strange problem i'm having with my drivers electric window.

It has recently started misbehaving. When I've been out in the car, stop, key out of the ignition, open door, get out of the car then shut the door to lock it, the window comes down a couple inches. So i have to open the door, put the window back up, close the door again. Sometimes it stays up, other times like last night, it takes 10-12 attempts, before I eventually have to climb out of the passenger side!! Didnt happen at all this morning, just stayed up when I closed the door. There's no common factor I can see either, happens if the window has been up the whole journey or if its been down at all. Random :wacko:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i definitely never removed the door card but i can't remember what i did.....................it was a process of ignition, doors open/closed windows/up down. Somebody told me and i THOUGHT it was martin..........

Hi---I am new to this forum---as my z has developed the electric window saga---sometimes it will not self-close or open when shutting the door. I can see various problems with these windows and presume there is acommon fault? My car is an import and lo---the fuses are marked in Japanese. Any help would be grateful. I have to keep closing the door with the window hitting the b post. Then next day--it is ok. Am I a complete idiot here? I do hope so? Thank you in advance for your help? Andy.

Hi---I am new to this forum---as my z has developed the electric window saga---sometimes it will not self-close or open when shutting the door. I can see various problems with these windows and presume there is acommon fault? My car is an import and lo---the fuses are marked in Japanese. Any help would be grateful. I have to keep closing the door with the window hitting the b post. Then next day--it is ok. Am I a complete idiot here? I do hope so? Thank you in advance for your help? Andy.

try the window reset procedure found in the guides section

thank you ak. I linked to the forums pages and it is a s bad as trying to decipher the problem. You may be all very savvy and site-conscious but I am ignorant. I press the switch it no work. I press the switch it work. I ask the question you give me reference. I cannot find the elusive guide. Can you please be a little more specific and point me in the exact place I need to be?I do not have sat nav to navigate this site and as stated I am probably more ignorant than the average and un-savvy as to the peculiarities of the site I am trying to negotiate. Shall I ring up Nissan ? Will my life be any easier? Please tell me that Nissan Motors are NOT incapable of fitting electric windows? Why is there not a manual overide? Please step in again and help.

You see-----when in trouble or in doubt---sort the biggest bastard out. Perfect---door panels nicely photographed by a genius for the useless minded ham fisted technically bereft OLD flyers. Thank you for the INVALUABLE link to that===and the reset manual. All Ineed to do now is to get you round here...............Just flew back from Normandy--did 150 miles in 2 hrs---with peage and 12 miles of road to the m/way--didn't see a Gendarme---------

Clever soft if you ask me. I fear that some form of snobberry is attached to these forums. Try the rolls royce enthusiast club if you dare. Now with that in mind and "attention to detail" viz---you may have overlooked my initial enquiry? ref---japanese fuse box. SO if I am one day able to discern the specific fuse, take it out, and put it back in again, will this not therefore have the effect of resetting the mech?? Or is that too too clever as well??? Do I have to labour under the door panel deal? Or is this suggestion just linear or lateral thinking? There is more ways to murder cats for eating. (please remember the pen is mightier than the sword)