Bonsai Cars import

davecarter

Hi

I am going to buy a 350z and I have been draw to the import option. Bonsi cars seem to have many options. Does any one have any deallings with thm

Also I need to know the ins and out of importing. ie

Best place for insurance

Delimiting the speed

Ect

Please help

Hi, im new to the boards as well and im also looking to buy a 350z. I'm interested in using bonsai cars myself too, so if anyone could help us with more information il be very grateful!

MY budget is only around 17k, although i might be able to squeeze out another 1k!

Thanks in advance :D

:welcome:

I've not used bonsai cars personally, but from their website the prices look reasonable. Just make sure you get the full spec of the car before you buy - and if poss i'd even go take a look. Perhaps the one thing to watch out for is that not all imports come with the Brembo's etc. I'd also try to make sure you see all of the import docs, SVA Cert and any previous registration docs from abroad and more importantly that the price you pay includes the import duty/SVA cost.

Insurance wise, pretty much anywhere that would insure you for a UK car will insure you for an import. So all the usual lot - Adrian Flux, Norwich Union etc etc etc.

Delimiting the cars is easy too. You can get the HKS Speedlimit Defencer (TYPE III) for about £150 - £200 which removes the limit.

Cheers

Joe

:welcome:

think Joe has pretty much covered everything. You can get discount with Adrian Flux insurance through this forum. :)

Other thing is to consider buying a already imported 350z. You save some worry and also have a proper chance to have a look around the car and take it for a test drive.

I have used them to import mine.

Be prepared for a long wait (3 months) and watch out for "extra's". However that said - it did turn up, it was in good condition (4.5) and I'm reasonably happy.

It is very a stressful process as you don't get much contact with the staff and its a big trust thing to pay alot of money up front to the auction house for the car.

If you take the risk and you will save money, but its not for the faint hearted....

Hi, im new to the boards as well and im also looking to buy a 350z. I'm interested in using bonsai cars myself too, so if anyone could help us with more information il be very grateful!

MY budget is only around 17k, although i might be able to squeeze out another 1k!

Thanks in advance :D

Squeeze out £19k and you can have mine:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/82240.htm

:teeth::teeth::p:p:teeth::teeth:

Thats a lovely car liam, but im looking to buy a 350z in january as thats when il turn 24 and have more funds available. Im just doing some research at the moment, and kinda in my dream phase of owning a 350z soon. :D

Krumble if you dont mind me asking, how much did you end up paying totaly, and how old is your 350z?

Hi

I am going to buy a 350z and I have been draw to the import option. Bonsi cars seem to have many options. Does any one have any deallings with thm

Also I need to know the ins and out of importing. ie

Best place for insurance

Delimiting the speed

Ect

Please help

Hi mate

im importing one over within the next couple of month ive been looking a while try

http://www.japaneseauctions.co.uk/index.php

they have quoted me 15K for a 350z 53reg with less than 20k miles and thats on the road with the full GT pack good going that

put rest of money towards insurance

I have just imported a 350z through Bonsai. It is a very long wait but I paid less than 15K total (on the road) for a 03 with 14K on the clock. If you are patient and don’t care that you have spent all your hard earned money on a car but still have to catch the bus then you’re on to a winner.

Daniel.

I have just imported a 350z through Bonsai. It is a very long wait but I paid less than 15K total (on the road) for a 03 with 14K on the clock. If you are patient and don’t care that you have spent all your hard earned money on a car but still have to catch the bus then you’re on to a winner.

Daniel.

Welcome Daniel

Very unique zed you have there for over here :thumbs:

Anymore pic's :D:D:D

Thanks for the welcome; it is a version T with a 4.5 grade. I paid for the car at the end of April and am expecting to collect it a week on Monday so about 8 week’s all together, it arrived in Southampton on the 9th June.

As I haven’t seen the car yet I can’t give any recommendations but so far so good. I also have never seen a white Z so you might see it up for sale at the end of the month.

As I haven’t seen the car yet I can’t give any recommendations but so far so good. I also have never seen a white Z so you might see it up for sale at the end of the month.

I have seen a white and it had the Nismo stripes on the side, looked outstanding :thumbs:

I have seen a white and it had the Nismo stripes on the side, looked outstanding :thumbs:

I just hope I don’t regret not getting a black one, It was so close.

Black ones are horrible :p

TopView.jpg

:teeth:B):teeth:B):teeth:

I might bring my white Z to that Jap do in July and drive home in a black one………….or grey one + 500 cash. :drive1

"Black ones are horrible"

Wash your mouth out :angry:

Tongue in cheek my son :teeth: Black is by far the best colour available imo. I'm just a sucker for anything exclusive tho :D

Kuro GT4 then :p

To justify the extra dough to the other half I at least need the new zed to be a different colour :wacko::scare::thumbs::teeth::teeth:

Tongue in cheek my son :teeth: Black is by far the best colour available imo. I'm just a sucker for anything exclusive tho :D

To justify the extra dough to the other half I at least need the new zed to be a different colour :wacko::scare::thumbs::teeth::teeth:

fair enough mate! ANYWAY DO YOU NEED DIRECTIONS :blush:

fair enough mate! ANYWAY DO YOU NEED DIRECTIONS :blush:

To? :blush: