2nd driver question

Anubis

Hi,

Quick question; If I add a second person to my insurance as an additional driver and one of us had an accident, how does this affect the other person? I don't want to add someone else if the other person suffers for the otherone's incidents. Obviously the person who had the accident has to state they've made a claim, but what happens to the other person? :wacko:

For example, if I add my brother and I had a crash I lose my NCB and have to keep stating I had a crash for future quotes. But what happens to my brother? I presume he wouldn't have to say anything since he wasn't involved.

* This isn't because I've crashed - I just want to be safe in the knowledge that I am not going to inadvertantly screw someone else over and vice versa. :thumbs:

It will only effect the premium you are on. I.e. if you add your brother to your car and you crash your car, his premium is unaffected (on his car). If you add him and he crashes your car, your premium will go up if you chose to keep him on your premium. If you chose to drop him from the premium the following year, it has no effect.

Hope that makes sense. It only effects the premium they are on.

Hi,

Quick question; If I add a second person to my insurance as an additional driver and one of us had an accident, how does this affect the other person? I don't want to add someone else if the other person suffers for the otherone's incidents. Obviously the person who had the accident has to state they've made a claim, but what happens to the other person? :wacko:

For example, if I add my brother and I had a crash I lose my NCB and have to keep stating I had a crash for future quotes. But what happens to my brother? I presume he wouldn't have to say anything since he wasn't involved.

* This isn't because I've crashed - I just want to be safe in the knowledge that I am not going to inadvertantly screw someone else over and vice versa. :thumbs:

Anubis, do you watch Stargate?

Nope. Although I know what your on about.

When I was a kid I used to be transfixed with Ancient Egypt, hence I use this username for a lot of places. :)

Do you eat a lot of sandwiches Sarnie? :p

When I was a kid I used to be transfixed with Ancient Egypt, hence I use this username for a lot of places. :)

Touche' :lol:

Too many some might say! :lol:

So that would make you 30 years old, and used to have a Corrado. :)