Oulton Park Drift Day - **PICS & VIDS**

marzman

Hey Guys,

Finally went on the drift day yesterday, and i've got to say - it was the most fun i've ever had!!!! It was absolutely awesome!!

It was a very well run event and is excellent value for money. On track from 9am till 5pm, with an hour for lunch. There were about 24 cars there, and 2 drift stages to go on, so you were rarely waiting more than a minute between laps...!

I did 70miles on track, and used just under 3/4 of a tank i think...! I got 9mpg which is pretty good, considering i didnt get out of 2nd gear :)

The free tuition is very useful and helps you get the most out of the day.

One point though - i was struggling to get fully sideways on a few of the corners so i asked the instructor what i was doing wrong - and he said my zed seemed to have a lot of grip at the rear making it difficult to get sideways! He said i should increase my tyre pressures by about 15psi to make them easier to unstick! So i'll try that for the next one :teeth:

Thanks to SteveH for organising the day...! :thumbs:

Here are some pics and vids...!

519small.jpg

526small.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00568small.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

Looks like another awesome day! Nice pics and vids.

Hoping that either later in the year or next year we can have this on the Saturday of the Wales meet and then the drive out on the Sunday. Was too late this time and this weekend clashed with Billing :thumbdown:

Glad to see you had a good time Chris, these days are great fun and sooooo well suited to the Zs B)

Here's a couple of our shots from the day

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

We will be running another driftday at Oulton on July 25th so shout up if you fancy coming along!

Cheers

Steve H