Rays refurbed - mint! With pics....

NWZ

Some of you may have read that I attempted (badly) to respray a badly kerbed rim. All of my 18" rays were corroded in some shape or fashion. All of them had bubbling on them. So I decided to bite the bullet and get them refurbed. I had them done locally in the North West by a small company in Chester. Will post his details here if he wants. Basically, I took the car on Tuesday and it was ready to be picked up last night! They must have worked all day & night to get these done.

The finish is fantastic, they are much brighter than before. I didn't know this, but my original wheels had all been refurbed, one had the lacquer layer missing (or washed away) as well. The centre caps were sprayed silver (The Nissan logo wasn't chrome finished), I didn't know this but the garage pointed this out, I have since googled the rays and have noticed this as well. So if your buying a car from a dealer watch out !!!

The wheels were stripped of their tyres, dipped in something exotic for all existing paint to be removed, powder prime coated and then baked in an oven at 400degrees and then lacqured. And I don't know how they did it but the centre caps are like the originals, the Nissan Logo is now chrome finished! Tyres fitted and rebalanced. No kerb marks, corrosion or pitting to be seen anywhere - they look like new. Pics to show the great work:-

7.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

£240 all in, which I think is a dad more expensive than some quote, I still make it £60 a wheel - but for the finish...worth every penny :thumbs:

Yup I'm definitely learning! One other thing as well....they really did look after them, you can tell that by the way the weights have been put on, and the minimal glue they used around the tyres.

And a big plus to me - no scratches on the wheels around the nuts when they put the wheels back on - happy bunny.

wow, they do look good, youve really tempted me to go get mine done, mine arnt in the best condition

If you can afford it mate I'd recommend it. I put off the refurb route for ages thinking the finish would be crap and money down the drain...how wrong am I. Just perfect, and in fact, they look that good it's dissuaded me to buy new wheels - it just makes the car look much better now! I think what gave me trust was the fact that the garage has just refurbed a Bentley Continental GT rim and they have 2 M3's in there having wheels refurbed.

Next on the list is my front bumper.....at the same garage :D

Top job !

You need to name the company.. plenty of people always ask about refurbing and it is hard to get a good job.. the people you used did a top notch job.. worth plugging them

+1 :thumbs: The work looks spot on in your photos - I see you are you coming to Wales - look forward to seeiing them in the flesh :)

Work looks spot on. Just goes to show what a proper refurb company can do. When you think what the cost of new wheels is and if done properly then they are as good as new its good value.

£60 a wheel is not too bad really. Powercoating is probably the better route as its that bit strong than just normal paint.

Would be interesting to see these on the car. Think the extra shine will look good. Always liked the wheels on my old car that had a crystal finish - that bit shinier in the sun