Rim Tape!???

LewisL

Hi all,

Until i find myself a nice set of 19s my mate is going to re-furb my rays for me(be good to have as a winter wheel) my car is GM so going to get the wheels done GM as well but i qutie like the idea of rim tape as the rays are a more "motorsport" wheel

Has anybody else done this to their stock rays!? I'm thinking of having the tape the same colour as the brembo's!?

Cheers,

Ive had rim tape on my front wheel after I curbed it, didnt like it though, you can tell its just tape & its reflective so when driving at night my wheel was glowing red :blush:

I've still got a roll of it somewhere if you want it :)

Ive had rim tape on my front wheel after I curbed it, didnt like it though, you can tell its just tape & its reflective so when driving at night my wheel was glowing red :blush:

Doesnt have to be reflective, just buy non-reflective rim tape :doh: And if done right, you cant tell its tape unless you are less than a foot away from it.

Doesnt have to be reflective, just buy non-reflective rim tape :doh: And if done right, you cant tell its tape unless you are less than a foot away from it.

I could only find reflective tape :p & I'm crap at diy stuff :lol:

I could only find reflective tape :p & I'm crap at diy stuff :lol:

:lol:

I have some at the moment to try and cover up where my lips have given up, but I'm crap at doing it on car wheels. Its very hard compared to bike wheels :surrender:

Chris OT what time do you start work!

I always see you at stupid time of the morning!

Oh and i think your tyres are in at TGM, when are you going along?

I start early, leave early, miss the traffic that way. So 7:30am-4pm roughly. :yawn:

Was trying to catch you up to hear your car and see if new bits had been fitted, but you were ready to pull off by the time I got around the stupid Pug!

Glad to hear the tyres made it ok, been tracking them on CityLink and they said they werent there yet, was going to phone Tom tomorrow. Hopefully get booked in before Wales :scare:

I was thinking about polishing the rim on my rays? stick some pics up would be interested to see how they come out! not really enough dish on them though for my liking hence why i want some WIDE 19's :teeth: