help required removing gear knob

mbs

Bought a Nismo gear knob from Big Phil last year and finally got round to trying to fit it last weekend, followed the guides on here to remove the stock one but even with me holding one set of grips and my son (6'4" and a rugby coach) trying to twist the other, nothing, just wouldn't budge. Any ideas?

I did mine on my own and i am not the biggest of blokes.

Set of mole grips on the shaft under the gear surround and a set of grips on the gear knob.Put a towel between both sets of grips stop them marking.

It does take quite a few turns to get it off though. :thumbs:

Mine was on incredibly tight too... I never thought it would come off.

I got a better purchase on the gear stick by wrapping it in a small piece of cut out bike inner-tube and then clamping some mole grips on nice and tight. I got my bother to sit in the driver's seat holding those grips as tight as possible/

Next (sitting in the passenger seat with more room) I covered the gear knob with an old rag / T-shirt and turned it off with a 2nd set of mole grips. It was very tight indeed, they must have very strong robots Japan!

Btw you'll love the new gear knob, the shift feels so much better :thumbs:

Its not that they are on tight, its the amount of thread lock that is the problem. Mine came off nice and easy, but others have lashings of thread lock on there which once you "snap" comes off easy enough. You just need to get the initial snap :surrender: