Crazy Dials

BRO-T

Thanks for the compliment, it needs a good polish and wax, preferably before the Dyno Meet at the end of the month!

You really are local along with nurish! Colebrook is my local :D

Yes it is a Nismo V2 kit. Loving my car apart this dial problem!

Just a thought, if you want to try my white box (not sure what its called) to see if your dials start working feel free. Only takes 2 mins to get it out of the car.

Big thank you to IanS16, let me try his white box to see if it cured the problem.

It didn't :thumbdown:

So were down to 2 option now, it's either the wiring loom or the converter chip.

My thoughts are, if its the wiring loom, wouldn't the signal drop out, like a speaker cuts out with a loose connection? Mine don't do that, so maybe its just the conversion chip..... i hope

• 4 weeks later...

Well i've finally caved in :headhurt: my car is now at the Nissan being looked at. The problem became that bad, that in 8 days of driing only once did i get a genuine reading from my instrument cluster!

I'm currently driving a qashqai :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Feels good to be writing this post :yahoo:

My dials are now fixed and working :boxing::yahoo:

After all the hassle with dealers, warranty companie, i decided to buy a 2nd hand set of dials and fitted them 2nite. Problem is fixed and they're working

:#3:

• 2 weeks later...

from the sound if it is the converter chip. I have seen some converter chips go crazy before. if is just been converted get them to check the wiring again.

in my old evo from time to time the speedo will die while driving, everything else works apart from the speedo, but after you switch the igition off and then on is back to normal.

My brothers RX7 the speedo jumps around all the time as well which does his t1ts in so he bought a 320km one and fitted it.

So I would say most likely t be the converter. tell them to change to a different brand of converter other than the crap ones you get on egay and see how it goes.