Detailing the new roadstar

robbie j

I had Alex and Rob from serious performance detail the 350z roadstar

He wrote a little ditty on how he did it so I thought you would like a look, over to Alex, hope that's OK

The car wasn’t to bad on arrival, just a lot of pollen and not terribly swirled swirled:

1.jpg

A few bugs…

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

A lot of tar spots on the outer lips but wheels also in pretty good nick…

8.jpg

The visible swirlage…

10.jpg

11.jpg

So we got to work… Pre washed with Duragloss 901 CWC Shampoo through the Gilmour Foam Gun and followed by a wash with my SP Sheepskin Mitts and the same shampoo… Wheels and around badges were cleaned with Finish Kare #817 Sparkle Plenty and one of my SP Detail brushes (with lid).

12.jpg

Once the car was dried with my SP Uber Plush Drying Towel we set to work claying the car. My new SP Ultra Fine Detailing Clay was used with some Finish Kare #146 Finish Restorer QD. The car wasn’t too bad, pic shows with half the bonnet done and the rest of the car was a breeze…. Even the wheels, although having lots of tar spots cleaned really easily.

13.jpg

Once the car was clayed we cleaned the roof storage area was cleaned and the roof proofed with Meguiars new Convertible & Cabriolet Weatherproofer:

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Engine bay was also given a going over with Finish Kare #817 Sparkle Plenty and then dressed with Finish Kare 108 Top Kote Dressing. Engine was left to run for 10 mins:

14.jpg

19.jpg

The car was then polished with Meguiars D-151 Reconditioning Cream and what will be our new SP 5 inch pads by Dual Action Polisher. The only time the rotary was used was on the bonnet of the car. Once this was completed, the car was rewashed to remove any dust and particles from polishing:

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

The roof Proofer didn’t bead as well as expected but took in virtually no water at all compared to when the car was first washed so was very happy with it overall:

19a.jpg

19b.jpg

Then finally a coat of Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant was applied:

24.jpg

While this was curing the exhausts were cleaned with Finish Kare #394 Metal Polish. The interior and boot were hovered while leather, trim & tyres were dressed with Finish Kare #108 Top Kote Dressing:

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Finally the 1000P was removed with a spritz of Finish Kare #425 QD and my SP Uber Plush Detailing Towels… The finished article (Thanks to Robbie for some wide angle shots here and sorry theres so many lol)…

104.jpg

105.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

113.jpg

116.jpg

121.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

127-1.jpg

129.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

135.jpg

138.jpg

140.jpg

144.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

150.jpg

152.jpg

161.jpg

167.jpg

169.jpg

173.jpg

175.jpg

looks a dam site better, just need to get that clicking axel sorted now

Is Finish Kare the manufacturer of the products you were using? as i need to re proof my roof as it hasn't been done since i bought roadster in Sept2006

Tesco were recently doing an offer on the autoglym hood kit which is very good. Due to an admin error the offer got even better :lol:

It does a great job :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...