Thurrock/Bluewater meet & karting?

M350ZB

As a few of you may know, i have a very good contact at lakeside kartin, and am turning into a keen karter. Wonder if any of you guys would be up for a session there and could maybe even turn it into a meet. Just throwing this out there for now to see the response i get. Could all meet and fill the lakeside karting carpark up with zeds, got tea/coffee and food facilities and potentially have a really good day out, then head either over to bluewater, so we can all convoy threw the tunnel and then park up to conclude the meet or head over to thurrock services.

Anyone keen on this, as said just throwing this out there for now ?

Mark

Just remember to keep the ESP off in the future....gives you a better chance of not bending stuff.

Mark, is the kart indoor or outdoor?

Could attract forum members for a one night race championship knockout style.

Its an out-door track with flood lights, think last race time is aorund 7.30pm, but even with that, depending on numbers :thumbs:

Could be tempted. It an hr and a half drive for me though, so would like to see some kind of major event running over most of the day? Maybe a track nearer West London to attract more members?

absolutely love karting! again, if nearer west london would definitely be on it.

Like this?

FORMULA 1 KARTING’S

SHORT NOTICE DEALS!!

HEATHROW CIRCUIT IN MAY 2009

UNIT 2, COLN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE

OLD BATH ROAD

COLNBROOK

BERKSHIRE

SL3 0NJ

TUESDAY 5TH MAY

£15 ARRIVE & DRIVE SESSION (ALL EVENING)

30 MINUTES OF KARTING (APPROX 60 LAPS!!)

(from 5pm, limited spaces)

THURSDAY 7TH MAY

7PM – 10PM (OPEN SUPER PRIX)

6 HEATS OF 5 LAPS

8 LAP SEMI FINAL

12 LAP GRAND FINAL

TROPHY PRESENTATION FOR TOP 3 DRIVERS

WAS £40 – REDUCED TO £35!!

FRIDAY 8TH MAY

25% DISCOUNT ON ALL EXCLUSIVE EVENTS

(minimum numbers of drivers required)

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 08712 20 50 50

http://www.f1k.co.uk

Im up for it Mark would be a good laugh, does that mean we get good deals if you have a contact there? ;)

Indeed it does, im glad to see a good response to this. Im assuming a saturday would most probably be best for most right ?, and there are two ways we can do it, we could have a individual race, or make it a multi team event, meaning you can have 2-3 drivers per team, so can all bring someone along. What are your views on this, Team or individual ?, o and saturday ?

absolutely love karting! again, if nearer west london would definitely be on it.

Like this?

FORMULA 1 KARTING’S

SHORT NOTICE DEALS!!

HEATHROW CIRCUIT IN MAY 2009

UNIT 2, COLN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE

OLD BATH ROAD

COLNBROOK

BERKSHIRE

SL3 0NJ

TUESDAY 5TH MAY

£15 ARRIVE & DRIVE SESSION (ALL EVENING)

30 MINUTES OF KARTING (APPROX 60 LAPS!!)

(from 5pm, limited spaces)

THURSDAY 7TH MAY

7PM – 10PM (OPEN SUPER PRIX)

6 HEATS OF 5 LAPS

8 LAP SEMI FINAL

12 LAP GRAND FINAL

TROPHY PRESENTATION FOR TOP 3 DRIVERS

WAS £40 – REDUCED TO £35!!

FRIDAY 8TH MAY

25% DISCOUNT ON ALL EXCLUSIVE EVENTS

(minimum numbers of drivers required)

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 08712 20 50 50

http://www.f1k.co.uk

been to this place, was a great evening of racing. recommend it even though they shafted me in the final with a dud kart :angry:

not sure if Ayelsbury's in South-East region, but we had an evening event here for customers a couple of years ago. Well organised and an interesting split-level track.

http://www.karting-nation.co.uk/sites/i ... tivityID=2

Thats the same distance from me as the original one. I think I'd prefer the original as we can get better prices ;)

Heathrow I suspect will get the best turnout as its easy to get to from a lot of places (M4, M3, M1 etc) :thumbs:

Theres also an outdoor track in Surbiton which I did with the MLR. Wasnt the most interesting layout though.

Heathrow I suspect will get the best turnout as its easy to get to from a lot of places (M4, M3, M1 etc) :thumbs:

Lakeside is just off the M25 ;) , so what would people prefer, individaul or teams (2-3 ppl) ?, this dependent on it being held at lakeside ?

Lakeside is just off the M25 ;) , so what would people prefer, individaul or teams (2-3 ppl) ?, this dependent on it being held at lakeside ?

Yeah, but how far round from the M4 and M3 :surrender: It basically more than doubles my trip from 35mins to nearly 1.5hrs! I'm up for it either way I reckon, just you will definately get more interest if people dont have to go all the way around the M25 to get there :thumbs:

Yeah, but how far round from the M4 and M3 :surrender: It basically more than doubles my trip from 35mins to nearly 1.5hrs! I'm up for it either way I reckon, just you will definately get more interest if people dont have to go all the way around the M25 to get there :thumbs:

Same for us mate but the other way round! will easy take 1.5 hours to get to heathrow :p

Same for us mate but the other way round! will easy take 1.5 hours to get to heathrow :p

:lol: :lol:, Right been in touch with my contact, and ill be poping down to run it past him next week, will up-date this thread as soon as got more info :thumbs: