New Owner Hopefully...

Hey Guys

Ive finally sold my RX8 and on the hunt for a 350Z now, just got a few concerns which i hope you can help me with:

1) does the 350Z have a rotary engine like the RX8 (hence prone to flooding) or is it a piston engine? and have you ever experienced flooding with the 350Z?

2) does the engine have a cambelt?

3) How often do you top up the oil as i used to top up every other fuel fill up? and is the oil semi synth?

4) can water be used as the engine coolant as the RX8 uses de-ionized water?

5) how many miles do you get from a full tank? my RX8 used to get me around 200 locally and around 250 motorway?

6) common problems to look out for when buying?

sorry for all the questions guys, just want to make sure im making the right choice :)

Hi Zedster and welcome.

1) The Z has a 3.5 v6 piston engine under the bonnet. :thumbs:

2) No cambelt, its chaindriven. :thumbs:

3) Oil hardly needs topping up at all, some rev up engines had an issue with excessive oil consumption but that is very rare, semi synthetic is ok, but most owners use fully synthetic.

4) Ordinary water and coolant mix.

5) 250 to 350 miles to a tank depending on the weight of your right foot ;)

6) Bose cd player skipping, clicky rear axle, also the paint is rather thin, so stone chips wont be uncommon. Maybe a few other issues but generally a great car all round.

Hi Zedster and welcome.

3) Oil hardly needs topping up at all, some rev up engines had an issue with excessive oil consumption but that is very rare, semi synthetic is ok, but most owners use fully synthetic.

6) Bose cd player skipping, clicky rear axle, also the paint is rather thin, so stone chips wont be uncommon. Maybe a few other issues but generally a great car all round.

Thats about sums it up bud :thumbs:

Hi Zedster and welcome.

Thats about sums it up bud :thumbs:

+1, says about all you need to know really! Welcome to the forum by the way and coming from an RX-8, you shouldn't be dissppointed!

cheers guys for the superfast responses, thats great :D

1 question i forgot to ask, does the Z come within the £450 a year taxband?

and is there a for sale section on this site? :thumbs:

That was 2 questions :lol:

If you buy a Z on a 06 plate then you will be paying £400 a year but anything older then you pay only £210 a year :thumbs:

Anymore questions :p:lol:

Welcome mate :thumbs: Where you based?

Middlesex, u?

need to find one asap now :)

sunset350z - i thought it wuda been the same for cars older than 06 due to engine size, just gets better and better, coz ill probably go for 04 or 05 :thumbs:

Just a note on the fuel tank...

You may see 250 to 350 miles per tank depending on your right foot, but the tank is 80 litres on the Z, whereas on the rx8 I believe its 61 or 65.

At current fuel prices, its going to be almost another £20 to fill up.