This months EVO: 370 vs Cayman

bernmc

Yes, its been done before, but latest comparison in this months EVO. 370 faired well, but didn't blow them away. Porsche has better suspension and damping, easier and more relaxing to drive. 370 jittery over the uneven stuff (ie the UK!), hard work, but more fun.

Yup same opinion coming from all over. The gap between the Cayman and the Zed has gotten smaller, but Nissan arent quite there yet. But close enough to get my money tbh after seeing it today :thumbs:

Its also in Top Gear this month which gives pretty much the same opinion again.

It certainly makes it difficult to justify spending the extra on a Cayman. But a secondhand one is another matter altogether :headhurt:

But then when the 370z is second hand, makes the justification even harder! :surrender: 370z wins me thinks :thumbs:

It certainly makes it difficult to justify spending the extra on a Cayman. But a secondhand one is another matter altogether :headhurt:

But then when the 370z is second hand, makes the justification even harder! :surrender: 370z wins me thinks :thumbs:

Spec a cayman to the same standard it the gap gets even wider ! I also think aesthetics come into the emotional decision to purchase, and the Nissan wins here as well IMO. I only wanted a roadster so was looking at a second hand Boxster as an alternative drive, as well as TT's and Z4's. For me the lines of the masuline 350Z won me over. Boxster was the dream drive though. Sooo well balanced and sorted. Zed's somehow more fun though. Bit of an animal and I like that, in my cars and my women :D

We bought the 350 after comparing to the RX8, Boxster s, crossfire and Merc. Bang for buck it was the best all round, and I don't think that has changed with the 370 v Cayman.

Would have been nice for it to have done another GTR on Porsche though ;)

• 4 weeks later...
We bought the 350 after comparing to the RX8, Boxster s, crossfire and Merc. Bang for buck it was the best all round, and I don't think that has changed with the 370 v Cayman.

Would have been nice for it to have done another GTR on Porsche though ;)

weren't they testing a German model though? only from previous experience don't they set up the cars for different markets? I worked briefly for Honda and remember them telling me that the cars which are tested in germany usually have set ups specifically for them, such as a hard sporty ride, compared to the uk market which compensates for our fantastic driving roads. :dry:

I will hold jodgement till they get a UK model.

Off topic slightly, I don't know if anyone has experienced this with the GTR and the 370z, but don't the looks on both of them grow on you? the 370z at first looked horrid! now I can't help but think wow!

I was looking at the 370z at Nissan UK recently after not being convinced by the car in pics. I must say that it works very well in the flesh. B)

As for the Cayman, it must be the owners around here because they dont impress me.

the z is a lot more striking than the previous model, saying that though when it first came out, everyone was calling the 350z striking like the then recent audi TT. The cayman is typical porsche, substance over style. I do love them though.. :)