First time giving the Z some beans

maxi-glasgow

upto NSL there is nowt in it with a zed and a JCW (my current steed) cross country, theres not much that could outpace one either, but then again its all down to the skill of the driver!

raw figures show there is about 6bhp in it per ton (in favour of the mini compared to a 276bhp zed) but, trust me, the aerodynamics of the mini above NSL are like hitting a brick wall!

what do i prefer..?? well, ive had both, the mini is up for sale, and im after another zed! say no more!

:yahoo::teeth:

what do i prefer..?? well, ive had both, the mini is up for sale, and im after another zed! say no more!

In time for our little get together in your neck of the woods? Are you going to get another red one? I love that colour :cloud9:

• 2 weeks later...

My mate had a JCW and it cost about £23000, at the time I had a Clio Williams, we swapped over and I could not shake him off. My Williams only cost £3000 at the time, can't see how the JCW was worth it!! Just sold a Clio remapped 172 and now have a 350Z GT, completely different, can't throw the Z around as much as the Clio, and my weekday commute through the potholed side streets of Leeds is so frustrating in the Z, but I love it, the noise is awesome and everytime I fire it up it puts a mile on my face, it is such a nice place to sit and boy can it pile on the pace so easily where as I used to have to screw the 172. I do miss the Williams, was so raw, but also so basic. Definately have the right car now.

Had a naughty-MPH race with a guy on a GSX-R followed by the obligatory mutual nod of acknowledgement and approval at the next lights, he even pulled a massive wheelie away from the lights for me, good fella!!

Had a naughty-MPH race with a guy on a GSX-R followed by the obligatory mutual nod of acknowledgement and approval at the next lights, he even pulled a massive wheelie away from the lights for me, good fella!!

He was playing with you...... ;)

Nice to get an acknowledgment though!

+1 Only a Veyron can compete with these little monsters, he was only playing with the accelerator a bit!!! :p

People say the 350 is "lardy" yet it is lighter than the new Golf R32 by almost 100kgs and also lighter than an M3. My car was recently put on scales before a rolling road and it came out at 1520kgs. It has incredible handling compared to all previous fwd hot hatches I've owned in the past. Rear wheel drive and the brembo brakes provides amazing cornering like it's on rails. And the looks of the car mean you can cruise along slower than everyone else (who is hurrying to work) and still feel "cooler" :D Although it is awesome acceleration when you do put your foot down, in virtually any gear. My last car was a subtly modified golf vr6 (2.8) only 1170kgs with upgraded suspension and rolling road tuned power output of 207bhp and the 350z (which got just over 280bhp on my recent rolling road session) feels in a totally different league (the speedo certainly proves it). A standard cooper s (with 160bhp) is no contest, A JCW with 190-200bhp is still not a match unless it has been modified - which can easily be done though with a quick remap as it has a supercharger. Same with the Cupra Rs which just need a simple chip to get close to 300bhp from their turbo.

I know that, I would've got my pants pulled down in a race, we were just both going very fast!!!

I've been pillion on the back of my mate's tuned Triumph Daytona, scary, scary stuff. Don't think I dare get my bike licence, I'd end up wrapped round a tree half way across a field, most people are not vigilant enough to keep an eye out for bikers, I know from being out on my road bike only doing 40mph let alone 140mph (which incidently is what the Mr. Biker would need to have been doing to go past me, oops, Zs are quicker than they feel!).

My old girlfriend was an intensive care nurse, on neuro-intensive care they call bikers 'organ donors.' Nice.

I was thinking about torque steer earlier.

I have come to the conclusion that:

It's better to end up in a hedge backwards in a RWD than being pulled into a bush sideways by a FWD....