silly speeds

neo

why on gods green earth do people drive at 45mph in a 60mph country road then when they get to a village with a 30mph limit they STILL carry on doing 45mph :angry:

this happened to me the other day and b4 you ask there was too much on coming traffic to overtake, so they'd speed in a village where kids could cross the road but don't get upto the speed limit on a open road in the middle of fecking nowhere :boxing:

rant over that feels better :)

I was spitting feathers at someone doing this in front of me the other day. I was crawling along behind them on a road I quite fancied giving it some on and then when I hit a village and I dropped to a reasonably legal speed, he sailed off in front. Unfortunately, I caught the **** up again as soon as it was national speed limit again and had to sit at 45 again! :rant:

Just told my wife about this thread and she immediately recognised the pattern. Her journey to work every day is blighted by idiots driving like that. Most of them, she claims, are middle-aged men in bog standard middle of the road cars (Skodas, Rovers and the like). I think a lot of these stupid people think that the national speed limit is 50 mph. There should be an IQ test before you are allowed to drive!

The thing that really annoys me about these drivers is that in order to overtake the 45mph speed in the 60mph zone the only safe way is to exceed the limit during the actual overtaking.

And just think, when they start equiping cars for road pricing, "they" will know where you are all the time and will be able to issue speeding tickets for *any* transgression of the speed limit!

Enjoy your Z while you can!