Panel Air Filter

Rosssco

Hi,

I was thinking of a drop in panel filter (along the lines of K&N, Pipercross etc.) more because my car (well, hopefully should be on Saturday :teeth: ) is due its 54k service, which they replace the air filter anyway, so thinking its a good time to install something with hopefully a bit more noise. I was considering a filter kit that replaces the airbox, but, I do more town / city roads than anything else, and unprotected filter tends to suck in hot air.

So any recommendations on these? I realise anything here won't realistically free up any power, but more for the noise really too...

Cheers,

Ross

The JWT popcharger comes with a heat shield bud ;):thumbs:

I know, but don't tell me these things, as I'm trying to resist as I havent even got the car yet and I'm buying bits (hoohum)!! And I still need to sell 2 MR2's...

Plus, I'd need to tell my insurance, and can't bothered right now :surrender:

K&N panel filter. Then a years time get a re charge kit and you'll no longer need to replace the filter. Cost around £42 and cheaper than the nismo one

Can you re-charge the Nismo panel filter?

I beleive the Nismo is just a cotton gause filter as the K&N is. So you should be able to clean and oil it. Google will reveal the true answer ;)

K&N panel filter. Then a years time get a re charge kit and you'll no longer need to replace the filter. Cost around £42 and cheaper than the nismo one

I beleive the Nismo is just a cotton gause filter as the K&N is. So you should be able to clean and oil it. Google will reveal the true answer ;)

According to the nengun site, it is a paper filter. Not sure if that can be cleaned and oiled. Not much else on Google that's of much help.

According to the nengun site, it is a paper filter. Not sure if that can be cleaned and oiled. Not much else on Google that's of much help.

Weird. Give Adam@Z1 a pm, he should know for sure. If it is paper, I cant see you being able to oil it though. :surrender:

• 3 months later...
My car is due its service anytime now. May aswell get a decent air filter

The Zed is totally standard - will the JWT popcharger suit a standard Zed? Does it make a nice noise / increase power?

:drive1

It sure will, plenty customers have this as there only mod :)

The noise is lovely over 4k revs, the power gains are marginal but you do get improved throttle response.

Have fun!

Gaz

• 4 weeks later...

to add another option, i was severly bored the other day, and began rummaging through my old s14 200sx bits i had in the shed, only to find the HKS panel filter i bought ages ago was still in the old standard airbox, and to my surprise was exactly the same size as the oem 350z panel filter.

bunged it in, did a quick ecu reset, and bobs yer uncle

ive got no dyno proof, but the car seems to have more low-end grunt with the panel filter

my popcharger is now sat in the back bedroom.....