For Sale: 19" Gloss Black with Chrome Lip Alloys

marzman

Hey guys,

Right, im offering my alloys for sale on here although i dont know if i'll get any interest :blush:

The wheels are 19" Ruff Racing wheels, although they are badged as Wolfrace. The fronts are 19" x 8.5 ET20 and the rears are 19" x 9.5 ET 35. They come with Falken 452's all round (245/35/19 front, and 275/35/19 rear, which have done probably only 2.5k miles, but maybe upto 4k, i've not made a note of it.

Anyway, i've taken the wheels off my car as i cant go over 85mph with them on as they wobble like mad. I've had them re-balanced, and my suspension geometry checked. When i switched back to my standard 17's this weekend the problem instantly disappeared, so i think it must be the wheels, but i dont know whats up. My other 'theory' is that its a problem with the car that is just being exaggerated with the larger wheels, but this is probably not the case.

Anyway, thats the first problem! The second problem is that the lip is just a very thin sheet of metal glued onto the wheel, and on the left rear wheel it has 'pinged' up slightly in a small area. It looks like a crease in the lip - you can see it in the pics. The rest of the lip is securely attached, it is only that one spot with the problem. The day it happened i was livid, but its not bothered me since as most of the time you cant see it - if you park and its at the top of your wheel, you have to get down on your knees to see it!

Other than that, the wheels look ace. There's not a mark on them at all, and they've only been on the car for about 20 weeks. I took them off for 4 months over winter to protect them. So if you want some wheels that look ace (and they really turn heads around town), but stop you braking the speed limit :teeth: then these will do for you!

As for price, i paid £960 for them. I dont really know what they're worth now due to the problems i've had, but i know that i'd rather keep them than let them go for peanuts! I've looked on the Wolfrace website and a replacement wheel alone is £88 which isnt too bad, if you cant live with the pinged lip! So please everyone, chime in with what you think they're worth as i genuinely dont know.

I can bring them to the Wales doo rather than arrange a courier etc if anyone wanted or whatever, im flexible.

I've not washed them yet since taking them off, so here's some pics of them on the car.

P1010029.jpg

marzman_calendar_entry.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0140.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0885.jpg

Photo0886.jpg

Photo0887.jpg

Photo0888.jpg

Photo0889.jpg

The crease:

Photo0741.jpg

Photo0742.jpg

Photo0890.jpg

Photo0891.jpg

I saw your mention of wobble a while back but didn't realise you'd dented the wheeel

So you probably have one round and one oval wheel which would explain wobble

Structural inetgrity of the pinged wheel must have gone.

You'd be better off buying a new wheel at £88.

Then you'd be free to get highest price without worrying about it :thumbs:

I saw your mention of wobble a while back but didn't realise you'd dented the wheeel

So you probably have one round and one oval wheel which would explain wobble

Structural inetgrity of the pinged wheel must have gone.

You'd be better off buying a new wheel at £88.

Then you'd be free to get highest price without worrying about it :thumbs:

Hey Martin,

I've not dented the wheel - its a thin metal lip which has popped up - i was washing the rim ad it just pinged up! It actually made a ping noise!!

The wobble was there from day one. Whether that wheel was defective from the start which has caused the wobble, and that defect has manifested itself in the way it has, i dont know... its definitely possible...! But i dont want to buy another wheel to find out!

Hi had a wheel wobble problem on an old car not a z

i went back to the garage a few times to get them re ballanced but they were in tollerance

in the end the garage recomended longer wheel bolts then standard this did the trick no more wheel wobble.

so might be worth trying :thumbs:

Hey Martin,

I've not dented the wheel - its a thin metal lip which has popped up - i was washing the rim ad it just pinged up! It actually made a ping noise!!

The wobble was there from day one. Whether that wheel was defective from the start which has caused the wobble, and that defect has manifested itself in the way it has, i dont know... its definitely possible...! But i dont want to buy another wheel to find out!

Thought about asking for a Warranty replacement given how new they are? :thumbs:

do you have a price in mind? do you need standard wheels to put back on yours

Hey mate.

I've already got my standard wheels back on now as they're what i ran through the winter. What have you got? Rays or others?

As for price... let me think...

Brand new, the wheels are £88 each from Wolfrace cost price - im not certain you could get them from a supplier for that little?

The tyres are £517 from Camskill (cheapest place around) - see pic:

camskilltyres.jpg

So, cost price brand new should be £869 all together.

As the tyres are still in excellent condition having covered very few miles, i would say they're still worth the majority of their value... Say £400? And then if the wheels are worth only half their cost price of £88ea because of the problem, so £176 total, then add the two together and thats £576!

But as im a nice guy i'll round that off to £550 :D

Hey Martin,

Thought about asking for a Warranty replacement given how new they are? :thumbs:

I've had several phonecalls and a long email argument with DP Motorsport who i got them from but they weren't having any of it because they're a crap company.

I think i'll give wolfrace a call this week...