Comment on my Canon EOS450d photos please

NWZ

I've been practising hard with my EOS450D, Went up moel famau near Mold - you'll pass it on the Bala run to Ruthin. Tell me what you think of my practise shots please! Any improvements? They were taken with EOS450D SLR & Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens

MF1.jpg

mf2.jpg

1) looks a tad over exposed. Were you pickign up the meter readings from the grass or the sky?

2) Preety good, colour is right but I think the positioning is a tad out, i take it the pics 1 and 2 are from the same spot? You need to stick to the rule of 3rds but that one dosnt seem to be picking up the the extremes of the landscape. It looks a bit flat... Perhaps getting lower to the ground?

3) Looks great in b+w and the "model" adds to the composition, again maybe lower to the ground may give more depth. Also appature settings may have needed to be changed slightly.

Keep up the practice, its hard work figuring out all the settings and getting the composition right, but all worth it in the end when you get that amazing picture :thumbs:

Oh! Missed 4 and 5!

Great colours :thumbs: Landscape looks amazing.

To me composition was a little off. This is prob just me though as I try to find the 90 degree angles most of the time.... So mine may have looked a bit more like this.. But with any pics its a matter or personal opinion!

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Untitled-2-1-1.jpg

On the signpost pic you had a great shadow on the ground from the post that would have added to the pic... Also getting lower to the ground may have given a greater feeling of depth.

Nice lens you bought by the way. Great choice :thumbs:

Thanks! The lens was my Christmas Present, probably the most interesting lens I have in my range! It makes the others very boring imo. I know Tim (DJTIMO) has the same lens and he loves his.

Yeh, its on my camera most of the time these days too. Was weird when I first used the lens at 10mm at a car show taking a few pics of engine bays and walking in to the cars I was taking the pictures of! Amazing how you still think your about 4ft away!

@Jim - I purchased from Currys with the £50 cashback offer in Sept 08

@Stez - nice work! I must reinstall CS3, but I found it massively hard to follow. And a resource killer on my laptop.