Tiptronic Paddle-shift project: UPDATED!

marzman

Chris,

Was reading through my350z the other day and a few of them use the Infinity G35 paddles. (It had them OEM by the look of it)

There are a few threads where people have fitted them.

Yeh i was looking at that, and thats the sort of route i need to go down... but i think i need to see the paddles first before commiting to an order, and decide on whether i can integrate them into my setup... its a tough one.

How about forming some of your own using a lost wax mould and then polishing the final product or perhaps look in the yellow pages for someone that has a CNC machine and does custom work?

Other alternative is to find something from the scrappers?..

Or..... Paddle shifters off a gaming steering wheel? You may want to have a look at some of the sim racing forums / sites (Hows this? http://www.bhmotorsports.com/article/155) as you may pick up some ideas from them?

How about forming some of your own using a lost wax mould and then polishing the final product or perhaps look in the yellow pages for someone that has a CNC machine and does custom work?

Or..... Paddle shifters off a gaming steering wheel? You may want to have a look at some of the sim racing forums / sites (Hows this? http://www.bhmotorsports.com/article/155) as you may pick up some ideas from them?

Hmm - website looks interesting - i'll have a look on my lunch.

As for the paddles... im not worried about them yet - its the lever mechanism i need, which i can attach the paddles to later... how to get the feel of the movement is the hard part.

I think paddles from a gaming wheel would be a pretty good idea. You can pick something like that up from a second hand shop for about £40 and the mechanism etc would already be there

Isnt there someone on here thats big into Sim Racing? Seem to remember it in someone sig? If its not on here then its the other site.

He's on here................................Gizmo"two digits" ...............its definitley Gizmo something, not sure about the numbers bit though.....somthing like Gizmo56..............