Shouldnt they just leave it alone now?

N1SM0350z

Ahh so thats why I couldnt order a red car with the red leather trim and smoked wheels.

They are going to offer that combo with softer suspension and charge £40k premium for it - brilliant. Where do I sign :wacko:

So far with the massive price, VDC, track inspections etc etc and now daft things like this for an extra £40k, the smart drivers money will be on a porsche GT3 I think.

In all honesty, I think it always has been. I have a nagging feeling that the GTR has been built right on the very edge of what Nissan can achieve in terms of durability and for that price point, and they're now trying to push away from the extreme sports market and target those that won't be taking the car on track at all.

A case of trying to appeal to as many market segments as they can so as to recoupe R&D costs.

+1, also probably driven by customer comments as well. Remember those little customer care cards we get when purchasing new, asking for comments. ;)

As Ekona mentions, there will be a good number of R35's that will never go anywhere near a track, well maybe to spectate, it might be more about the pose value.