18x10 ET15

Doug S

I am currently looking at some options for a new set of alloy wheels and tyres.

I quite fancied 18x9.5 all round with a +20 offset to get the look I wanted but I cannot get them.

Been offered a package 18x10 ET15 with 255/35/18 front, 255/40/18 rear.

Any thoughts on this? I am assured this set up goes on fine by a very reputable company.

Any advice welcome.

I'm not sure they'll look too good.

Standard tyre sizes should be

Rear 245/45 x 18

Front 225//45 x 18

You're going to have MUCH wider wheels at the front which is going to change the handling at best and ruin it at worst. That offset also means the wheel will probably almost sit outside the arch a bit. One of the guys who have had high teens offsets before will no doubt confirm, but I don't think they'll look right...

I don't know of anyone in the UK running the same size all round or such wide tyres on the front. Also, as Rob says above, the offset is very aggressive and the wheels may come too far out of the arches. They will also rub if you lower it.

If this isn't the set up you want, walk away. Its a big investment to get it wrong aesthetically and balls up the handling.

If you do want to press on with it, do some research on my350z.com where some of our Yank cousins are running a four square set up.

I don't know of anyone in the UK running the same size all round or such wide tyres on the front. Also, as Rob says above, the offset is very aggressive and the wheels may come too far out of the arches. They will also rub if you lower it.

If this isn't the set up you want, walk away. Its a big investment to get it wrong aesthetically and balls up the handling.

If you do want to press on with it, do some research on my350z.com where some of our Yank cousins are running a four square set up.

I believe there is a member running a 0 offset ;)

I think Tim(Djtimo) was looking into running a square setup :)

I believe there is a member running a 0 offset ;)

I think Tim(Djtimo) was looking into running a square setup :)

0 offset without a wide-arch kit? ;)

I'm running 8.5 front and 9.5 rear with +10 offset all around, and it sits great.

I had to roll my rear fenders a little bit though.

I think you'd be ok with 10 rear and +15.

That said, I think you should go with a staggered setup (rears wider than fronts), or it may have nasty consequences.

Id definately say that a 10" front wheel at ET15 will stick completely out of the arch and rub on the slightest bump...

My front wheels fill the arch so they are flush with the outside and are 9" ET20 at the front...

I would NOT buy these if it was me.

Also why so thin tyres on the rear? Should be 275 on that width of wheeel really.

If you could get a 9" pair for the fronts with 245 tyres on, then you would probably be ok.

those are ridiculously small tires unless

1. they are r compounds

2. you're going for the Mk1 GTi look

Doug contacted me on MSN and thats what I said! It'll look like a MK1 golf with sticking out wheels and stretched tyres! :lol:

those are ridiculously small tires unless

1. they are r compounds

2. you're going for the Mk1 GTi look

Doug contacted me on MSN and thats what I said! It'll look like a MK1 golf with sticking out wheels and stretched tyres! :lol:

:) I remember those from my MaxPower reading days...back when it was 2 x the size of your standard mags lolol

As far as what fills the arches, and what doesn't, everyone admittedly has a different idea of that is. It's important to talk about the specific tire, not just tire size (since that # is largely insignificant).