Modding my Nismo front bumper

rtbiscuit

I have just got hold of a full Nismo kit from Danny its a full glass fibre kit, but seems very good quality i think its made by LC Town; has anyone heard of them before?

i will be repairing the damage to it which is very minor and it will get resprayed to match my car. but there are other things i had in mind but i needed peoples help.

firstly i am going to remove the burger and then fill and sand flush the indent to give a smooth line finish to the kit.

secondly i will cut out the holes for the washer jets.

next few stages are where i'm not so sure

at the moment it has some mesh fitted in the middle its only basic diamond mesh painted black and quite thin. does anyone have some recommendations on what i could put in, i was planning on possibly using proper woven mesh lie on aston martins and jags, but am not sure the silver car with then a silver mouth will look to much. so would it be better to put new black mesh back in.

also currently where the side reflectors are there is just mesh, i have several ideas, but i'm not sure and i need help finding a few items.

first idea

i remember 3fiddyz had some audi style led's in there and i quite liked them, but i can't seem to find a kit, prices or who sells them.

Second idea

Can you get proper fog lights to fit in the slits at the side, if so what do they look like and where can iget them from price etc.

Third idea

Find new clear reflectors and fit in place

Fourth idea

just re mesh them to match the grill

i quite like idea number 1 and 2 and as i would have the bumper off thought it would be a prime time to fit it. so what do you lot think

Hey buddy for your first idea paul at dream customz can hook u up with some kool leds for there :)

i remember someone telling me that there was already a kit available but i can't seem to find it, think it was menat to be about £20.

but if paul can do something similar then i'm up for that. :thumbs:

thanks for the links, i quite like them, just trying to work out if me liking them makes me a ricer :blush:

also forgot to mention above, i'm trying to work out what to do with the number plate at the front. mine is a UK spec plate, but the fixings are for JDM plates.

i plan to remove the fixings, but the question is how and where should i put the plate. the number plate ruins the look of the front of the car, but legally i need one on. so how small can i make it, and how low can i fit it :blush:

just found the LED lights for the front

http://www.delsamotorsports.com/shop/pr ... cts_id=182

looking at them there doesn't seem to be much to them. how difficult do you think it would be to make something like this. it 's just a load of super bright LED's soldered in parallel with a positive and negative lead off them.

have seen a set of super brights already soldered together, but its to long at 24 cm, was wondering if i could cut the ones off i don't want and mount them up into my own casing.

The Delsa ones are expensive as they are real CF overlay too. I would get some clear ones from Envy/JDM Performance and get someone like Paul to solder in the LEDs for you if you arent confident.

I have also seen another Zed with a proper woven mesh and it didnt look too good. Cant remember the name of the company that makes then but they are at shows and stuff. They have a Zed on their website, try doing a google for it.

remember if you cutting holes to fit the washer jets that you will need some custom mounting brackets to fix them to the bumber. id stick with black mesh it just looks right ;) plus make sure you get some decent fitting reflectors coz the ones i bought off ebay just didnt match up with the holes very well and its all more time and labour costs in the body shop getting them fitted right :headhurt:

Best of luck mate look forward to see it :thumbs:

am going for a nice black mesh, might find one with a finer guaze, not much smaller just a little if that makes sense.

as for reflectors, what ever i make/buy i plan to just fiberglass it in place :lol: as i am keeping the original bumper to refit when i eventually sell up.

found these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/R8-Style-LED-Side ... 240%3A1318

wondered if i could cut off the excess lights.

will also speak to paul about making a set for me.

remember if you cutting holes to fit the washer jets that you will need some custom mounting brackets to fix them to the bumber.

i've not seen behind the bumper, so wasn't sure how they mounted up. thought they were mounted on the sub frame and pocked through.

anyone got a pic of behind the bumper or the brackets that were made up for them. i should be able to do it myself and fiberglass and bond them in place.