Bonnet damper kit> Advice on brands please.

givememorepower

Mine were about £20 from Phil. They rusted to f00k and had to paint them with hammerite. You get what you pay for :lol:;)

+1

Mine are in the garage somewhere if I can find them your welcome to have them, you will need to get them repolished or painted though :)

Mine were about £20 from Phil. They rusted to f00k and had to paint them with hammerite. You get what you pay for :lol:;)

+1

Mine are in the garage somewhere if I can find them your welcome to have them, you will need to get them repolished or painted though :)

I sanded mine back and Hammerited them. Going to the RR day with the MLR I was embarresed they were all rusty, but in their new stealthy black hammerite, no one knew B)

I got mine from here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-GAS-B ... 240%3A1318

They are pretty decent quality and you dont need to butcher your plastic surrounds to get them to fit. I sprayed mine chrome to match some engine bits..they look pretty good.

R:teeth:

I have the exact ones.....do you not find the height of the bonnet too low?

Mmm yeah I suppose it is quite low but it was high enough for me to change out my plenum and TB without me splitting my head open so there's no real need for me to have it any higher.

R :)

+1

I sanded mine back and Hammerited them. Going to the RR day with the MLR I was embarresed they were all rusty, but in their new stealthy black hammerite, no one knew B)

+3. There was a thread on the other side about covering the body with black heat shrink tubing which I've done with mine, and they look much better now. If only I'd done it when they were new.

Haven't been able to get all the rust stains off the engine bay plastics yet though! Any ideas?

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread!