Fixing a rattle on typhoon CAI

rtbiscuit

Have fitted the Typhoon and its a great bit of kit, but there is slight fitment issue between the carbon cover and the metal air box.

the carbon cover is rattling on top of the air box due to the design there isn't enough fixing points to hold it in place. what i was looking for was some kind of 'U' shaped rubber trim i can fit over the rim of the air box to cusion the lid and stop it rattling.

i can't hear it in the car, but it is noticable outside of the car.

has anyone else ahd this, how have you guys fixed it.

cheers guys i'll have a browse and let you know how i get on. my main problem has been, when i go to b&q or halfrauds i have the wife with me and she hates this kind of shop so i hav e limited time to browse before i get dragged out.

I have the same kit and the airbox has to be one of the worst designed and engineered thing ive ever seen, it even made my wings look a good fit :lol:

Did yours actually fit where it was supposed too? i ended up taking an angle grinder to mine to get a better fit. Tou could try some of those sticky pads they use on the bottom of sofas to stop em scratching the floor. This would probably pad it out a bit and soften the rattling noise.

I have the same kit and the airbox has to be one of the worst designed and engineered thing ive ever seen, it even made my wings look a good fit :lol:

Did yours actually fit where it was supposed too? i ended up taking an angle grinder to mine to get a better fit. Tou could try some of those sticky pads they use on the bottom of sofas to stop em scratching the floor. This would probably pad it out a bit and soften the rattling noise.

i had no problems fitting the box. but some of the bolts you have to get to are an absolute bitch. the one that held the plate over the original air intake hole and sat behind the bumper, and you could only access it through the gap where the bonnet release was and there as only enough room to twist a fly's nut let alone a ratchet spanner. apart from that it was a doddle. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
i have just bought some clear rubber u shaped trim, which i shall be fitting to the edge tomorrow, so will let people know how it goes.

worked ok, but also added foam padding to the lid which has worked a treat, only now it seems the rattle is still there but i think it is rattling on the bonnet, i can see on the carbon lid where its rubbing, just got to work it out on the bonnet so i can put some apdding there and kill it completely.