Are all Imports "Fairladys?"

bazza1702

Hi guys, Im new to the scene here, so if this is a stupid question, then I apologise......

Iam due to take delivery of my wifes 52 plate 350Z in the next week or so, but im having a bit of a problem with insurance, as in they are asking if my 350z is a fairlady or a normal 350z import.

I have done an hpi check, and checked the logbook, and there is no mention of fairlady, there is nothing shown in the model box, its only indicated as a nissan.

I spoke to sky insurance yesterday and they told me that all import 350z are fairladys, but other insurance companies are questioning this.

Can someone please clarify this for me, as its starting to stress me out....

My Nissan is UK spec, but its listed as a Fairlady with the DVLA, they told me my insurance would be more because of this. Now all the writing on the sun visor and varios aother places etc is in English (Unlike my import FTO which was all in japanese) and I have the non square number plate at the rear.

I think the OP has the same problem as I encountered, am i correct? :)

Thanks for the fast reply guys.

My car is definately an import, it was just the model I was having a problem with.

All imports being fairladys is good news for me though, the problem I had was that the insurance company could give me a quote for a fairlady, but told me that if it wasnt a fairlady and a "Normal nissan 350z" import, then they would have to refer it to the underwriters and to expect a hefty quote.

I think the insurance company are getting themselves confused to be honest, either that or they dont know what they are talking about.

Yup, they are talking kack as usual! I'd suggest going for whichever comes out the cheapest, just make sure the ins company are happy with it otherwise in the event of a claim they may try and void the insurance :headhurt:

My Nissan is UK spec, but its listed as a Fairlady with the DVLA,:)

weird, I don't think mine does.

If its definately a UK car then its been registered incorrectly. It should not be listed as a Fairlady as thats an import. I think you can check they are an import or not for sure with the VIN, but cant remember what the difference between them is :blush:

If its definately a UK car then its been registered incorrectly. It should not be listed as a Fairlady as thats an import. I think you can check they are an import or not for sure with the VIN, but cant remember what the difference between them is :blush:

UK vin starts with Z33, can't remember what the jdm starts with but its different :)

UK vin starts with Z33, can't remember what the jdm starts with but its different :)

Yeah I seemed to remember that was the case, but cant remember what the JDMs start with either. :blush: I remember looking at mine when I got my repair work done, and it was a really low number, so quite an old Zeddy!

• 2 months later...

mine also starts z33 then followed by 6 numbers. Mine's an import.

I reckon the insurace have just done the drop down list and come up with the wrong thing. When I got a quote from tesco insurance they only had the zed listed as a fairlady and had no clue what a 350z was.

Was just thinking about this again the other day for no particular reason but it occurred to me that a US import would still be a 350z and not a fairlady.............(if anyone actually brings them from there for any reason which I doubt)