Search 'feature'

MattMe

Noticed a few times when searching the forums, if after I've searched and read a thread, when I click my browsers back button (IE7) I get a 'Webpage has expired' page. :(

I have to go back to the search and start again. I reckon if that didn't happen I'd post a lot less stupid questions!

Otherthanthat, great site - visited daily for the last few months.

Currentl the 350z-uk site is under going some changes, up-grading servers and all that, this may explain it, never had no problems and im prettyy sure this is why ;) , Overall the site and the club is full of great people and have made many new freinds on here :teeth:

Noticed a few times when searching the forums, if after I've searched and read a thread, when I click my browsers back button (IE7) I get a 'Webpage has expired' page. :(

I have to go back to the search and start again. I reckon if that didn't happen I'd post a lot less stupid questions!

Thats just because of the way the software works. When you're on the "Page Has Expired" if you hit F5 key then click Yes it should work. Its because the search result page is dynamic and it has to be generated again as it has a time limit for how long its valid for :thumbs:

Yup - we are in the process of moving to new software, which should cure many issues.

Internet Explorer is the MAIN reason why we havent made the move yet.

Trying to get templates for pages to line up correctly, and everything look neat in I.E when you modify template pages is a ruddy nightmare due to the way I.E handles the various files.

At present, we have a 99% ready to go version of the forum on the new software that is working without any issue in firefox.

View it in I.E and its just totally different. Its ironing out these slight problems with the display in I.E that is causing the delay now.

Yup - we are in the process of moving to new software, which should cure many issues.

Internet Explorer is the MAIN reason why we havent made the move yet.

Trying to get templates for pages to line up correctly, and everything look neat in I.E when you modify template pages is a ruddy nightmare due to the way I.E handles the various files.

At present, we have a 99% ready to go version of the forum on the new software that is working without any issue in firefox.

View it in I.E and its just totally different. Its ironing out these slight problems with the display in I.E that is causing the delay now.

Looking foward to the new look :teeth:

Thats just because of the way the software works. When you're on the "Page Has Expired" if you hit F5 key then click Yes it should work. Its because the search result page is dynamic and it has to be generated again as it has a time limit for how long its valid for :thumbs:

Another helpful answer to a question that i've been wondering about, and it works! :thumbs: