Post Envy South Mod Day...

BulletMagnet

fitted easily.:

Did Mark give up getting the panel gap equal all the way around in the end then? Was expecting him to get some callipers out :p

I head the Varis front difuser is good, and will go nicely with your CF lip if you have loads of money Bullet old boy B) (not that you can see it!!!)

Well currently I'm waiting on instructions of how to fit a grounding kit.

Bagged a kit off Andy from Kudos Automotive, but Andy couldn't find the instructions, but they are on the way, as he's found them since.

Spent this morning re-organizing the watercooling on my PC and it's a gorgeous day outside, so might just go for a relaxing drive.

Depending on how things go, I may either concentrate on wheels next or stick to the engine bay dress up (polished plenum, carbon cooling plate, engine cover, strut brace...you kno, the usual).

Bagged a kit off Andy from Kudos Automotive, but Andy couldn't find the instructions, but they are on the way, as he's found them since.

Spent this morning re-organizing the watercooling on my PC and it's a gorgeous day outside, so might just go for a relaxing drive.

Depending on how things go, I may either concentrate on wheels next or stick to the engine bay dress up (polished plenum, carbon cooling plate, engine cover, strut brace...you kno, the usual).

i have the instructions for my kit i think in the boot of my car, as i fitted my grounding kit at the weekend. you can have them if you like as mine are all in place. if you come over at the weekend i'll even help you fit it if i'm free.

i have the instructions for my kit i think in the boot of my car, as i fitted my grounding kit at the weekend. you can have them if you like as mine are all in place. if you come over at the weekend i'll even help you fit it if i'm free.

Sounds like a plan :thumbs:

There are instructions on the net too, but it depends which kind of kit you have. Depending on the number of wires, some route to different places.

Yeah, I had a look online for guides and found the one on Nissan Z Tech, but that guide is for US models and they seem to require additional bolts, whereas us UK owners (which are more clever) don't require additional bolts, and also route the wiring differently due to the battery being positioned on the other side as the US models.

Like I mentioned to Andy on MSN, we sent the dumb ones to the US and the criminals to Oz (no malice intended bronzee)

Yeah, I had a look online for guides and found the one on Nissan Z Tech, but that guide is for US models and they seem to require additional bolts, whereas us UK owners (which are more clever) don't require additional bolts, and also route the wiring differently due to the battery being positioned on the other side as the US models.

Like I mentioned to Andy on MSN, we sent the dumb ones to the US and the criminals to Oz (no malice intended bronzee)

Erm, I had 2 extra bolts included with my Spills kit :blush: But as I said, it depends on which kit you have :thumbs:

well, I popped round rtbiscuits last night and saw how his 5-wire was hooked up and took photos.

Looks like I have the same kit and will be able to re-use the existing grounding point bolts.

I noticed that the UK model has the bolts around the plenum already, whereas the US model don't, hence their need for extra bolts. Could be wrong tho.

All done and running fine.

I actually got the rare chance to use my iroda gas soldering iron, great bit of kit, due to it's cordless nature.

The one thing I did notice tho is when I re-attached the battery and set about adjusting the clock, I noticed that the rpm setting had gone back to stock, which is at 6600rpm, up till now I thought it was 6000rpm cos that was what mine was set at since I bought it.

You learn something new everyday...

004-5.jpg

001-6.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-6.jpg

Looking even better today! B)

A truly great impulse buy! :teeth:

Can't wait to see the developments at the next mod day! ;)

So what's next for yours Rob?? ;)

A very good question - since doing the induction kit I'm starting to feel the modding bug come back! ;)

What's a grounding kit!? :blush:

According to the website it does the following:

Benefits of installation include:

*increased hp*

*increased torque*

*improved fuel efficiency

*stabilised idle

*brighter lights

*quicker engine starts

*reduced emissions

*reduced audio noise

*better protection from potential engine damage from poor ECU outputs

I originally bought the kit to see if it will eliminate a slight whine I get when driving at 80mph in sixth gear.

When I either lift off the throttle or accellerate past 80mph, it goes away, so I thought it might help.

So far I haven't noticed any of the advertised benefits as I have yet to take it onto the dual carriageway, did notice a slight smoothing in idle tho.

I already dismissed any claimed increases, due to our ECUs.

A very good question - since doing the induction kit I'm starting to feel the modding bug come back! ;)

Varis Carbon bonnet would look superb on your white Zed.

It would but it doesn't fit on my model! Mark sent me a couple of pictures of other bonnets but I don't think they look as good as yours! You've set the standard B)

What's a grounding kit!? :blush:

According to the website it does the following:

Benefits of installation include:

*increased hp*

*increased torque*

*improved fuel efficiency

*stabilised idle

*brighter lights

*quicker engine starts

*reduced emissions

*reduced audio noise

*better protection from potential engine damage from poor ECU outputs

I originally bought the kit to see if it will eliminate a slight whine I get when driving at 80mph in sixth gear.

When I either lift off the throttle or accellerate past 80mph, it goes away, so I thought it might help.

So far I haven't noticed any of the advertised benefits as I have yet to take it onto the dual carriageway, did notice a slight smoothing in idle tho.

I already dismissed any claimed increases, due to our ECUs.

Would be interested to know how you get on with this (as in if you see any of the benefits!). And god you're spanking a lot of money on your car at the mo! :lol:

And god you're spanking a lot of money on your car at the mo! :lol:

Well at £20 this was a steal. Was sold privately to me from another forum member.

It took little time to install, the longest bit of it was me soldering the original grounding cable to it's new o-clip you see in the first pic.

Well at £20 this was a steal. Was sold privately to me from another forum member.

It took little time to install, the longest bit of it was me soldering the original grounding cable to it's new o-clip you see in the first pic.

£20!? I thought you were going to say it cost a few hundred quid with that list of gains!

£20!? I thought you were going to say it cost a few hundred quid with that list of gains!

I got it wrong then