Meg's Tech Wax

NWZ

Great stuff isn't it! Soooo easy to remove, smells fantastic as well.

But the big question is, how long can you leave it on before you have to spit & polish :lol: I've left mine for 1 hour then removed, anybody else left it longer. I can garage the car with the wax on, so can it be left on overnight? Plus, is there any point leaving it on longer, say 1/2 hour vs 1 hour before removal - any real benefits?

I cannot recommend this stuff enough, best ever and no crappy powdery residue :thumbs:

If you leave the wax on too long you'll find it very difficult to remove the residue. Tech Wax doesn't take that long to cure. When the air temperature is slightly warmer waxes cure a bit faster. ;) I personally wouldn't leave it on overnight.

If you leave the wax on too long you'll find it very difficult to remove the residue. Tech Wax doesn't take that long to cure. When the air temperature is slightly warmer waxes cure a bit faster. ;) I personally wouldn't leave it on overnight.

+1 - dont think I would leave any wax over night. Would be hard to remove. What I do is seal the paint first with Autoglm EGP which I leave over night, then wax it which I only let cure for 1/2hr. :thumbs:

I personnaly wouldn't leave tech wax any longer than 10mins per panel.

As it's not a "proper wax" it's made of synthetic polymers and the like, so it's curing capabilites are completely different to a more pure wax product.

If you use tech wax in the summer you will know why I say no longer than 10mins, it's not a very nice product in the summer months.

Personnally I'd spend a few extra pennies and go for a true wax like poorboys, dodo juice, or chemical guys. Or opt for a high quality sealant like jetseal, Jeff werkstatt etc

But if you like the results then stay with it. ;)

Personnally I'd spend a few extra pennies and go for a true wax like poorboys, dodo juice, or chemical guys.

+1 - I was amazed the difference Dodo Juice Supernatural made over the P21S I was using before. Not cheap though, but does last a hell of a lot longer. I reckon cost wise it works out no more expensive than P21S as it lasts so much longer :thumbs:

Jestseal as a product is brilliant and I can wholly recommend it :thumbs:

I am currently using Poorboys glaze, Jetseal sealant, hard wax and then P21S on top. The only one that you leave for any period of time is the Jetseal as it needs to spend some time 'bonding' with the surface. :)

• 1 month later...
i love tech wax- love that glossy shine compared to others iv used. smell aint bad either!

Get some Dodojuice and you'll see the difference between this and a proper wax. I was amazed at the difference DD SN2 made to my car, and it lasts as long as other sealants. I dont bother sealing my car now, just clean (clay, polish, etc) and put the DD was straight on. Sets super hard and lasts ages. It really makes you appreciate what popping flecks and deep shine really are B)

I would only leave it 10-15 mins again but thats me.

R

+1 - its about the same for all waxes, somewhere between 10-15 mins to about half an hour. TBH you'll know as soon as you've left it too long as it will be a nightmare to remove. Too early and it will be a bit "smudgy" and not just wipe straight off. Get it just right and it will be nice and easy to remove with 2-3 passes of a MF cloth. Leave it 24hrs preferably before applying another coat for the first coat to completely cure :thumbs: (or just a few hours if you are impatient like me! But then only do 2 coats and leave them a few days to cure so its nice and set)