full membership

so if ours is free why do they need to charge ???

what benefits do they get over us???

Please answer **REMOVED** members to justify your charging :lol:

Only out of interest as its been brought up :blush:

Guess it has now! Its all bout each to their own, Its not like theres not other sites out there that charge for the privilage of membership to keep going.. No website is truly free, **REMOVED** choose to charge, this great site chooses to ask for donations... All websites need to pay an ISP for large volumes of traffic, for the software needed to run them... I guess the only thing thats free is the time given by the people that look after the upgrades and administration.... Am sure there are other costs that I dont know about from an admin level. That coupled with contributions from traders keeps things going on all sites..

With regards to justification, its not just about what you get back, you get back what you put in, just speaking from personal experience, my contribution last year got me to see the 370z before the UK press (and not just see it, but get in it, pull things about, press buttons... all but drive it!) , 2 laps round silverstone, subsidised tickets to Shows, meeting the guy that designed the zed and heard him talk about it (as well as discounts on insurance, trader discounts, etc etc and lots of other incidental things... that members on here get too)

But most of all was help and assistance from other owners and the ability to give my help and assistance to those that needed it... And thats not just members on "there" but ones that frequent just this site too... Meeting up, chatting, helping with mods etc etc. That would cost nothing from either site, and for me, thats what its all about...

I frequent both, if this site was chargable I would pay.... Too me I dont see why a cost is an issue... We all have to pay sometime for a service..

As someone that came into ownership 16 months ago, I wasnt involved with what went on but I personally feel that it should all be left in the past... Just my opinion and I have voiced this in all areas to members and admins of both sites.

There are very few Zeds in the UK (in comparison to other cars models )and by splitting ownership with the options available we are all loosing out on discounts from traders, challenging Nissan with issues, driving down service costs and getting fixed deals from suppliers... this can only be done by shouting with one voice and in an ideal world there would be one place for the owners of the marque we choose to drive... Not to mention having to post the same things on 2 sites!

But unfortunatly its not and there are 2 main sites in the UK, some people frequent one only, some frequent both... Always good to have a choice :thumbs: But it would be great if there were ways we could work together to make things happen to all our advantage during Zed ownership.

Some people have their favorite football team, some people like football...

Peace, Out :)

Mark