Soon to be my first service garage

nurrish

I just took my car to a place in redditch which do tyres/mot's/servicing.

I had my wheels balanced (they were totally off and he was shocked how bad they were :scare: )

I asked him to price up a p1 service and he has quoted me £90. This sounds good to me!!! so i am booked in for next week. I may have a found a nice little garage which my zed can visit regularly and the guys there are pretty sound . Also he said a full p3 service will cost me £180.00!!!!

Back of the net :thumbs:

Hmmmmm just phoned my local nissan dealer and they recommended a full p3 service..... which they quoted at £320

My car has covered 12,500 miles in its 4 years. But he said it was up to me as to which service i go for.....he then said a p1 would cost me £220 which is basically the same one i got quoted for this morning from a local garage in redditch.

Any thoughts as to what i should do??

As the guy mentioned for an 05 car the mileage is very low and suggested that the spark plugs would need doing.....

Any one with similar experience been down this route?

Nissan can be expensive. The only thing I would say is some little garrages won't necessary have the experience of a Z so won't know to look for the little things. For instance failing rear pads or greasing some of the suspension bits.

I had my wheels balanced (they were totally off and he was shocked how bad they were :scare: )

I asked him to price up a p1 service and he has quoted me £90. This sounds good to me!!! so i am booked in for next week. I may have a found a nice little garage which my zed can visit regularly and the guys there are pretty sound . Also he said a full p3 service will cost me £180.00!!!!

Wheres that then Dave?

Wheres that then Dave?

As you come off the A435 you come to an island its the second exit then 2nd right.

Tyresales 566

Oxleasow Rd

East Moons Moat

Redditch

B98 0RE

Telephone 01527 528090

Real nice chaps in there. Speak to the irish guy and say i recommended you :thumbs:

I got mine booked in next thursday ian. I will let you know how i get on.

Sound. As we were saying yesterday.. nice to have somewhere you can trust :thumbs:

Yeah thats what i told the guy that i was looking for a garage which i can trust and take my zed to. There down to earth guys that enjoy there work. Hopefully i'm not posting on here next week saying my zed's been f"!cked up by my local garage :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well my Zed is back from its service.............

I am well impressed with them :thumbs:

A very nice group of guys.

Surprised my brake pads are still in good condition :lol:

They get 10 :thumbs: 's up from me and my highest recommendation to any local owners.

Cost £90.00 including a change of oil (they do however use what nissan recommend) and oil filter.

This is the place to go Ian for your next service

I take it they didnt do a P3 then? What about brake fluid? At 4yrs it needs changing again (every 2yrs max). :)

As the others have said, cheap local garages are fine as long as you tell them about the bits that need doing specifiacally for the Zed (an old Nissan tick sheet is a good start!)

Anyone got a nissan tick sheet as an example? i will check it against mine

Theres one about somewhere, try doing a quick search. The main thing to remember, is that although its only done 13k, things (like rubber) perish, so they need to make sure they check all the stuff that Nissan check for. I guess any good garage would know what to check anyway, I'm just paranoid :blush: