ChipsAway for Gunmetal???

AK47

Guys I need some advice.

I've got a bit of bodywork damage needing repair. Mainly chips and stuff...

The Norwich agent for ChipsAway got back to me today. When I described the colour of the car (GM) and that I wanted the repairs invisible he said he couldn't do it. He's one of ChipsAway's more experienced guys and he said that Metallic Gunmetal wouldn't be suitable. The repairs would end up darker and he reckons would look pants! :dry:

Anyone out there with GM have any experiences???

I'd love your collective tupence worth... Ta.

I too have a GM JDM and would be interested in the views of others on this point. I was thinking about getting chipsaway to quote me on dealing with a couple of minor blemishes as well as some stone chips on the bumper.

Jim

Hi there, I am a hoping to get a z soon, but in the meanwhile this may help. I have a BMW 330d in Steel metalic grey which is quite similar to zed GM grey. I recently fitted an Alpina front spoiler/bluetooth ariel & rear M3 lip spoiler. I painted the rear lip spoiler myself with BMW OEM paint & it came out perfect colour match. Only diff is not as much shine due to laquer.

I got a Chipsaway guy to spray the front Alpina spoiler & ariel. After spending hours & hours he was not able to match the existing Steel Grey car colour. The spoiler is a bit lighter & even a slightly diff shade. He did suggest adding a bit more dark to the mix but I did'nt bother. Enough time wasted! My advice would be to take it to a pro bodyshop that is known to be good & get the whole bonnet resprayed. I will be taking mine soon once I get a few more stone chips etc. Goodluck :D

hello when ive used a dents away type company ive always had the paint mixed up by a local car paint supplyer ( just give then the paint code ) . that way the match is spot on . then have the dents away company use that paint . you dont have to buy a lot as it goes a long way

other wise the dent away companys mix there paint on site using paint tints they carry with them .