Eventfull strange zed moment ?

M350ZB

So the sun was shinning yesterday and i thought lets get the zed out and head somewhere with my girlfriend, went to felixstowe with the intention of it being lovel weather all day, headed out zed looking spot-less, sun glasses on, music on and with a big grin on my face. Came up to a round-a-bout about a mile after leaving my home, and went to pull away and me zed wernt going no where i though i initially stalled it, looked down engine management light on and engine still running, put me floor down to try get out the wayy as was in the middle lane, and it would onl go up to like 1300 rpm,, quickly turnt her off and back on, engine light still on and quickly pulled up side of round-about, this time the engine was reving free-er. pi**ed off as was really looking forward to going out e.t.c, i went home with the ump, :lol:. Got in and straight on here, looking up info. Left m zed for a while and went back out and fired her up, still on :headhurt: . So then went hunting for the ECU reset procedure, found it after a bit of grump bump hunting as my girlfriend would say, then went out and tried this. Worked a treat and the light went away, fired her up and all gone, :yahoo: . So would like to sa a massive thanks to the club, and all the great people, surely saved me loads of money taking to a nissan stealer. Drove there and back and around town no problem at all :teeth: .

Anyone else had any prob's, issues similar to this ? ? ?

O and i have to say a massive thank you to my girlfriend, one putting up with me getting the ump, as spending sat cleaning m zed and wanting to go out the sun :lol:, but also ten out of ten dedication, as leaving felixstowe, it was chucking it down and there was no wa of getting out of the car park, in the end she had to get out in the rain like a drowned rat and i had to stop traffic and reverse out, slight little scrap :scare: , but all good :yahoo: , So overall a eventfull weekend, o also finally getting a wii, a special thanks to a member on here ;) , and got me self a 26" tv for da room.

Me done :lol: ..............

I'd get an OBDII error reader on there to see what codes it threw. I'm not always convinced this resetting of the ECU is always beneficial. You still need to get to the cause of the error.

Glad you had a good day in the end though :)

Nice result there Mark. Yes, I am familiar with the abuse thats forthcoming when the car has a bad day.

Sounds very strange though, when/what was the last engine/ electircal mod you have had done.

Last engine mod was the induction kit, but that was done ages ago now, prob allmost a year, apart from that, that is it O and the zorst !

electrically nothing !

I'd get an OBDII error reader on there to see what codes it threw. I'm not always convinced this resetting of the ECU is always beneficial. You still need to get to the cause of the error.

any members locally got access/or there own ? ? ?

Nice result there Mark. Yes, I am familiar with the abuse thats forthcoming when the car has a bad day.

Sounds very strange though, when/what was the last engine/ electircal mod you have had done.

I can spell electrical :p

I can spell electrical :p

Oi Oi Whoops :headhurt::lol:

I have one mark, could bring it to brands on thurs if you going?

Dont know if re-setting the ECU would clear the codes though

I have one mark, could bring it to brands on thurs if you going?

Dont know if re-setting the ECU would clear the codes though

Well i done a different ECU reset to the airbag reset as i have done before, the one where the eng managenment light flash's then clears, e.t.c

Since then no probs driving, did end up doing like 200 miles yesterday :lol:

Looks like not going to be able to make this one again, which im gutted about, im snowed under with work at the mo ...., where are you based, and would this show up what it was, the unit you have ?

:thumbs:

not sure if connected or not.

Maybe if Zed has fly-by-wire throttle control (ie. not a cable ?)

I had this problem once on a previous car with fly-by-wire. On one occasion engine would tick-over fine but wouldn't rev above ~1k. Turned-off, back on and run ok. No problems for another 1k miles then happened again.

Car had a good forum (like this one) and someone had found, after much re-setting of ECU and even changing it by dealer, that this was a dirty connection - in my case at the potentiometer at the accelerator pedal - there's effetcively two circuits, if they both don't give identical readout then car goes into safe mode. Another chap had identified all connectors which I cleaned, and then did another 30k miles with no issues.

Maybe a silly question but did you open the bonnet and check things out?

Also, it would have been better to note the code before clearing it.

I had a slightly similar incident after the car had been in at Nissan (picked it up a couple of hours before) where the popcharger dropped off. I know it was tight.... however, opened the bonnet and saw it straight away. Reattached and started up with no probs.

I guess mine stalled due to a massive amount of air entering the engine.

Maybe a silly question but did you open the bonnet and check things out?

Also, it would have been better to note the code before clearing it.

I had a slightly similar incident after the car had been in at Nissan (picked it up a couple of hours before) where the popcharger dropped off. I know it was tight.... however, opened the bonnet and saw it straight away. Reattached and started up with no probs.

I guess mine stalled due to a massive amount of air entering the engine.

Yeah did check everything out and all ok nothing loose, or hanging off or nothing. I know that what i was thinking today about the code. The only real engine mod it the induction kit (pipercross) and this was done ages ago, apart from that all i have done is engine cover modz and fitted the strut bar, but done the tunnel run no probs, not to sure with this one :lol: