TC nearly killed me ....again!!!

adammitch69

Who drives with the TCS on anyways???!

:blink:

Most people actually unless the conditions lend themselves to switching it off.

Yip. If you are setting it off all the time, you are too heavy with your right foot :p

Yip. If you are setting it off all the time, you are too heavy with your right foot :p

and or, rubbish tyres, or different front to back, or wrong sizes. All bases covered now. ;)

and or, rubbish tyres, or different front to back, or wrong sizes. All bases covered now. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

This has just happened to me. I put a set of bridgestone re50a's on the back last week and it has the falkens on the front. Gave me a little fright but it got the heart beating :p . Wish i had read this post before. I was telling myself not to get new rims and just replace the tyres. Wish i had got a set of sexy 19's now. :thumbdown:

This has just happened to me. I put a set of bridgestone re50a's on the back last week and it has the falkens on the front.

DING

That's a bigger issue than the TC being a bit playful.

Indeedy, my money would be on that. There also seems to be a real issue if you dont keep the front to back stagger in rolling radius correct. Lots of tyre places assume front and rear are the same RR but they are not. You need to keep it within the OEM ratio otherwise it has a fit. Mine has been fine on 2 sets of wheels and 3 sets of tyres, never had a problem.

Whoa there Lesley!! :scare:

My Z has just tried to exactly the same to me after fitting a couple of Toyo T1-R's on the rear but keeping the standard Bridgistones on the front. I had them fitted last Wednesday and it happened for the first time driving at about 60mph round a long sweeping right hander the following day - it gave me a right shock. I haven't been confident with the feel of the car either since Wednesday, then the same thing happened just now on a different 60mph long right hander. Exactly as you described adammitch69.

Right, I too will be reaching into my pocket for a new pair of front paws. Just what I need what with the synchro having packed in on 5th/6th, it needing a service in 1000 miles, the front discs and pads needing replacing with the service and having scraped it at 1mph yesterday in the world's tightest multistorey carpark. I estimate that little lot coupled with the new Jimmy Choos freshly fitted on the back will set me back a couple of grand.... :rant::rant::angry:

Had the car for a year, planning to come along to the next meet and say hello if I can afford the petrol after this lot!!

OK, quick update. Fitted matching Toyos on the front and the car handling has been much better since, and no more traction control issues. Also had it serviced (incl new platinum tipped spark plugs as apparently they're due at 54k) and new front discs and pads. £1k. Excellent, I'm glad I've spent that, the cash was only getting in the way sitting in the bank :scare:

So that just leaves the minor issue of the 5th/6th synchro (est £1k), the clutch that's on the way out and might as well be done at the same time as the synchro (£700, although will save labour if done along with synchro), the so-called minor scuff that will cost about £250 to get a good job done on and the other minor issue that the car broke down on me while driving home from work on Friday night - sudden loss of power while foot to the floor at about 4k rpm in 2nd followed by running rough, will start but refuses to rev or tickover.

I saved for 3 years to get this car. It's halved in value over 12 months, it's costing me a fortune and gradually ruining me. I have never hated a car more. :rant::rant::rant:

GGRRRR!!

Apart from that, everything's peachy! :lol: