Polished plenum

neodc

Hey guys. just got back from a metal polishing place in notts called 'impact metal finishings', the chap there spent 3-4 hours on my plenum, for 40 quid the end result was this... he said that'd be the price if anyone gave him a call.

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Impact Metal Finishing

23 Meadow Road

Netherfield

Nottingham

NG4 2FR

Nottinghamshire

Tel: 0115 9879302

I think a carbon order is in need...

Dave

x

cheers, they also chrome most things, to do the whole strut brace was 50 quid to chrome it with a 1 week turnaround, they also shot blast wheels for 15 quid each, and chrome them for 50, really good job. he said to shot blast that plenum it'd be like 10-15 quid. but i wanted it shiny ! :p

Just one thing that worries me is why have you put a little kiss at the bottom of your first post?

:lol:

+1 Maybe he's just friendly or perhaps address the Nixy/Cara type members of the forum!

:lol::lol:

I have to say i didn't even notice the 'x' until pointed out by Beavis, well spotted! Perhaps a Saturday afternoon beverage had been consumed :lol:

That is a brilliant price for the work :thumbs:

yeah, thanks for the nice replys guys.

erm, this chap is a 1 man polishing machine. hes got a factory with about 5 big machines in all for different purposes, he normally does hand rails, and bits for minis, whole engines etc. but he offers a pop in for a coffee on a saturday for car people, you sit around or watch a movie in ya car, while he just leans the plenum on a belt driven polisher, with various grades of grit. Its not perfect, he didnt do in the holes as far as he said he could, but i think spending 4 hours on something for 40 quid is very good. he wasnt happy that the throttle body looked a bit rough, so he just worked on that for 10 minutes.

The holes in the plenum are something i can do though with a dremell and their polishing end. seems to be tidying those up with nicely.

hopefully some people around notts will go to him as hes a sound chap.

oh, and the 'x' at the end of my first post was my gf, i was playing on the xbox and reading out what for her to write. it was her addition.