to nismo or not to nismo that is the question !

GTZ

hello every body i have some questions and am sure that you are the boys and girls that hold the answers. the questions are.

1. where can i source a nismo exhaust from and have fitted on my gt4 .

2 . is cat back ok or should they be replaced with other alternatives as well.

3. are there any other mods that would need to be done .

4. and to open a very large can of worms should anything else be fitted instead of the nismo. (i would not want to mod the bodywork in any way.)

many thanks to all happy zedding.

1. where can i source a nismo exhaust from and have fitted on my gt4 .

2 . is cat back ok or should they be replaced with other alternatives as well.

3. are there any other mods that would need to be done .

4. and to open a very large can of worms should anything else be fitted instead of the nismo. (i would not want to mod the bodywork in any way.)

1. get one from a US supplier and save yourself some money. Fitting @ your local exhaust place for £50 or similar.

2. most aftermarket exhausts for the Z come cat-back, but sometimes owners also change the cats to hi-flow alternatives (or even decat pipes)

3. no mod would NEED to be done, it's all your own choice, browse the "modifications" forum for ideas

4. the nismo kit is the most popular and by far the most used bodykit for the Z I'd even dare say worldwide. So if you want to look like most other modified Zeds, go for it, otherwise be unique and go for some other type of kit, there's LOTS of them!

I'm a 'to Nismo' guy, the exhaust is wicked, just the right sound, doesn’t sound aftermarket at all, you could believe it came like it as standard.

Bought mine and had it fitted by RJN, cost a few quid but give Bob a call and see if he can do you a good price, mention my name, Mark Williams.

Cat-back is fine, the Nismo exhaust sounds just right, Nismo do uprated cats, but they’re about £1000 for the pair, truthfully IMO unless you’re going for that extra 10bhp don’t bother with cats as well as the exhaust as it will start to sound LOUD.

No other mods need to be done with just swapping the exhaust, or even with the cats.

From standard I thought the only things needing modding were the exhaust and the brakes, would definitely recommend upgrading the pads and lines with Nismo stuff (again bought/fitted at RJN), they ‘finished’ off the car.

also don't forget that Nismo stuff is only a VERY SMALL part of what is the aftermaket parts available for our car, and not necessarily the best choice, or the most performing.

In fairness, Nismo is also known to get other manufacturers' products and re-badge them (and sell them at a higher price too) examples of this are the exhaust, manufactured by Weldina, the CAI, manufactured by AEM and there's more examples like the coilovers that are manufactured by someone else too (Tokico?)

oh and that cats price is just ridiculous imo, considering you get GREAT cats+plenum packages by very reputable companies such as Crawford or Kinetix for $600... (and they are parts which you can have fun fitting yourself too ;) )