New scirroco

xStric9x

Had a bit of a drag race today with a 58 plate scirroco, no twisties involved just a straight line on a bypass.

Both hit the loud pedal at the same time and was expecting him to stay close but nothing, he seemed to slip behind from the off and then just gave up. so i eased off the pedal to let him pass so i could have a gander at it.... :yuck: sorry but i don't like it, just didn't seem to stand out and have the wow appeal, bucket seats and big alloys just didn't help its performance.

Had a bit of a drag race today with a 58 plate scirroco, no twisties involved just a straight line on a bypass.

Both hit the loud pedal at the same time and was expecting him to stay close but nothing, he seemed to slip behind from the off and then just gave up. so i eased off the pedal to let him pass so i could have a gander at it.... :yuck: sorry but i don't like it, just didn't seem to stand out and have the wow appeal, bucket seats and big alloys just didn't help its performance.

To be fair its not really in a comparable price or performance bracket to the Zed. If I needed 4 seats and had £20k to spend on a new car I'd take it over a similarly priced hot hatch.

To be fair its not really in a comparable price or performance bracket to the Zed. If I needed 4 seats and had £20k to spend on a new car I'd take it over a similarly priced hot hatch.

Have you seen it in the flesh though Digsy, i quite liked the pics i found on the net before it came out but after seeing it in the flesh i was really disappointed.

if they had gone with a new interior liket he concept plans it would have been a good car. but hey went a slapped the golf interior in it. my wife has a golf it is a great car, but really doesn't light any fires; soul wise.

its currently the same as the GTI and the top spec one is actually better than the golf GTI apparently due to its wider wheel base.

I have to disagree. I never liked it on TV but I saw one for the first time this week. Not sure what specs they come in but this one looked great. It was white, massive wheels and twin exhausts - it really looked the business!

Have you seen it in the flesh though Digsy, i quite liked the pics i found on the net before it came out but after seeing it in the flesh i was really disappointed.

Yep, popped in to the dealer for a gander. I thought it looked better than the pics - wider and lower. In magazines it looked like a regular hatch but in the flesh its proprtions are very different. Have to agree that the interior is dull - but high quality. I suppose a bespoke interior would have pushed the price into TT territory.

Someone at work has one (the top of the range 2.0 tfsi) and I personally don't like it and at £20k very over priced. Looks very high suspension (huge gaps between the wheel arches) and to be honest a bit of an ugly black plastic front grill and only 200bhp so not a fair comparisson. The Z is in a different league. If they bring out a "hot" version of the scirroco I'd be interested to see more.
Not really fair to compare it to a Zed given the huge price differential.

I agree with Digsy, not really a comparison.

One is a family friendly FWD warm coupe. The other is a RWD 2 seat sports car. They aren't built to rival each other.

Cost aside..... You can buy a used Merc SL for 20k. Does that mean it's in deirect competion with a new 20k people carrier?