2010 Hyundai Coupe

Indyzed

I saw two at the Chicago Auto Show last week. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. I'm shocked at the weak performance but then again that's fine by me. No freakin way this car will hurt sales of the Z/G37. There isn't a big enough price difference.

I saw this at a motorshow in London. Just like the current Hyundai Coupe, it doesn't look *too* shabby, but performance wise it's dire. This one had a good pop at creating a decent engine, but they will fall short of the mark as usual. I'll be looking out for this on Top Gear! :boxing:

Nice(ish) looks ....... 3.8 seems to have emphysema....... cr4p slow for displacment... or the panels are made from Pig Iron and it weights 4 tones hence the lardy performance...

And come one.... the image.... I know Nissan / Datsun have knocked out some proper spaktards.. (the almera, the sunny, the cherry, the micra, that 90's 4x4 that platform shared with ford.. can't remember the name but it was biblically cr4p), but Hyundry have made it their mission statement.. the "pony" .. the most appropriate name for a car in mockney rhyming slang.. or to give it it's ful name " The Hy-and-dry Pony (and trap)"

I'd only drive that at night wearing a full fonejacker balaclava and in a foreign country...

And yes... image is important sometimes.. unless you don't mind being mocked by people who spent the same money on a car with some credibility.. that is faster... and looks better...

The only place Hyundai's make sense is in the 3rd world as taxis.... :) only kidding they also make good taxis in the UK.. oh sorry we are the 3rd world... now ... thanks to the banks... oh god.. i'm ranting again...

so .. nice try.. maybe 10 year from now they will have earned their credibility stripes... and worked out how to get some performance out of a 3.8 litre engine....... i need to say that again... 3.8 litre ... in a korean ferrari.. it all makes perfect sense .......

Well not the worst looking thing in the world but..... you can have a forum competition to guess how many other cars you can spot in that one!!

Surely its the new G37 in drag with a splash of 350, even an Merc SL in there somewhere round the back ?

as mentioned - they must be drinking neat Gin with Bleach! :wacko: