Bought a new car today

lomoto

The SL looks great, I'll be very interested to hear how you find it to drive and what sort of mpg you get!

Just been out in the car over the weekend, ended up doing about 300 miles of mixed driving (motorway , towns ,B roads etc.) amazingly enough it averaged 25.3 MPG !! :scare:

very relaxed to drive , but not as involving as my Zed..also terribly loose on the back end :lol:

The only criticism of the car is the appaling "comand" sat nav.. my £100 TomTom is 10000% better in every respect., anybody that pays £2000+ to have a command sat nav in a Merc fitted as new must be mental :headhurt:

• 4 weeks later...

My Dad has just bought one of these, picks it up on 1st April (no I don't think it will be an April Fools!). What's the performance like compared to a 350?

I think they look great and very much looking forward to getting to drive it a bit. Superb value for money. :thumbs:

what price you lookin at tim?! :thumbs:

if I sell ??

To be honest I have no idea, probably best to strip it and put it back to original ?? the seats / interior /exhaust /wheels/ hi-flo cats/ kinetix plenum/ induction kit./ tonneau cover/ etc etc will probably fetch more separately just seems a shame to split it up as to my eyes it is just right as it is, but I doubt in this market anyone would buy at a realistic price even though it has only 17k miles on the clock

What do you reckon it would make in std trim and what would it make as is ??

I'd keep it all together and sell it as it is. Too many things to strip out, too much hassle imo. If your gonna take anything off, make it the zorst and cats, they'll sell very quickly......the rest won't recoup much imo. :)

And let me know about the exhaust if you do... :lol:

But I'd rather you didn't sell it and you joined us on track again. :)

only got the crappy Autotrader photos at pres..

SL500..if you think the Zed loses money this baby dropped £60k in 20k miles :headhurt:

Hi,

Sorry just catching up with threads.

Nice car :thumbs: I will consider one of them next.

"this baby dropped £60k in 20k miles" I can beat that- Maybach 62 lost :bangin: £280,000 in 9,000 miles and 2 years and 5 months.

I bought one (I do all his buying :teeth: cars, boats, planes etc, bought 6 cars last year) for the guy I work for in June of last year after it had taken it's tumble-now that's what you call falling residual value :lol: